Six Cricut Projects To Try This Week-End

Six Cricut Projects To Try This Week-End - A pillow, A 3d Paper Truck, A Puzzle, Converting a photo to an svg on an Easter Basket, Making a Charger Plate sign from the Dollar Tree, and A Rolled Paper Flower Wreath (maybe make it in a variety of pastels for Easter?)

Easter Baskets
(There are a variety at the link above, with free svgs for bunny faces)

I made this Easter basket for my dog, using her photo.  There are actually Easter Bone hunts in several locations near us, for dogs.  So this isn't quite as odd as it may seem.  Ok.  Maybe it is - but my grandkids all live on the west coast, the other side of the continent  So cut me some slack.  LOL!

I have a list of programs that work to convert photos to svg, with comparisons of how they work, here: 

For this one, at the time I was using the BeFunky app, and I just used a pencil filter to make it a sketch.  Most graphics programs offer some sort of sketch filter that will work for this.
On phones, I have had the best results with Adobe Capture, and Iphone users have the best results with the Imaengine app.  The link above, which compares the results of several apps, tells you step by step how I used each of them.

And for the grandkids on the west coast, I made these.
There's a step by step, and where to find the free svgs, here:

===============================

 
Pillows
These two pillows both seem especially relevant this week...
Unfortunately, these are no longer free svgs, but they are inexpensive.

If you have never sewn a pillow case before, these envelope pillow cases are the absolute easiest project.  It's 4 straight seams.  https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/03/how-to-sew-simple-envelope-pillow-cases.html

===================================

Paper Flowers
Yes, that is a birthday banner for my dog.
Remember.  My grandkids are on the other side of the continent. Don't judge.  :-)
There are SO many free templates and tutorials and free svgs for making paper flowers.  I think it is much faster to cut the outside petals by hand, but I use my cricut for the intricate centers.  Find a list of free cut files and templates for making them here:

For the smaller, rolled paper flowers, I do use my cricut to cut them out
Here's how I made this wreath - which I'm thinking about making this week-end in a variety of pastels for Easter

======================================

3D Paper Trucks
The truck shown here was made with a free svg.  I love it for holding Easter treats.
I made two versions, one with a free file, and one with a paid file, and compared them here:
I love both files - they paid one is better for folding and mailing, this one is better for in Easter baskets and as Easter decor.

There are lots of great free files for 3D paper projects, find a list of them here:

========================

 A Puzzle
This was such a fun project - and they would be great Easter gifts!
It is a print then cut project, you print the photo on sticker paper, apply it to a cereal box, and use a free svg to cut it into puzzle pieces.  Find the details here:

Dollar Tree Charger Plate Signs
These are one of my favorite things to make!
Start with a charger plate from the dollar tree.  Paint it, then add a vinyl design
There's a step by step, and the free svgs I used, here:

==================


No comments:

Post a Comment