Tozo T6 Earbud Tap Controls

 


When I bought these earbuds, my daughter joked that they were going to be too fancy for me.  

I hate to admit it, but she may be right.  It just took me WAY too long to google what the actual touch controls are for these, and I'm still not convinced I know what I am doing!

The Controls, As Near As I Can Figure Them Out:

Right Earbud:
  • Long Press - Volume Up
  • Short Press - Skip Forward
  • 1 tap, pauses or resumes music
  • 3 taps Activates Voice Service connected to my phone (Alexa, google, it will ask you to choose your service the first time.)

Left Earbud:
  • Long press =volume down
  • Short Press = Reverse
  • 1 tap, pauses or resumes music
  • 3 taps Activates Voice Service connected to my phone (Alexa, google, it will ask you to choose your service the first time.)
I came across this, for a completely different brand - so these commands may be standard for a variety of ear buds.


This is the graphic from the Tozo site
I have no idea what it even means.  There are no buttons, so why show my these symbols with no indication of how to use these functions?  

Lets start with the fact that they make a T10, but the T6 is the newer version. Why? Just why? I bought the T6, mostly because they were on sale, and they had this pretty mint green option. :-)

They work great - synced right out of the case, they charge beautifully..  but I did not realize that the case does not have to be plugged in for them to charge.  The case can be charged every few days, and then it will recharge the earbuds 4 times before it needs plugged in again.

The idea is that the ear buds are returned to the case when you are not wearing them, and they automatically charge while in there.  It also appears to be the only to fully turn them off.  There's no tap or press I have found that turns these off.  1 tap will "pause", and another tap will resume, but I've been tossing these in an antique ashtray that I keep on a stand (where I also toss my earrings so they don't get lost when I take them out downstairs) and the buds will randomly pair to my phone and start playing without me realizing it. That's annoying, when I was using them to listen to an audiobook and now find that I am way further into the book than I knew. 

 Apparently, I am supposed to bring the case downstairs and place the earbuds in it each time, rather than leave the case plugged in beside my phone charger upstairs.    Fancy.  :-)

"TOZO T6 wireless earbuds can last for over 6 hours' playtime from a single charge and 24 extra hours in the compact charging case. Charging case support wireless charging."

In one review, I read that they found the instructions in a booklet that came with the earbuds. Mine came with approximately 6 gazillion silicone covers  in every size imaginable to fit every possible ear..  [ok, so maybe it was only 12.  But it was a LOT of size options!] but no booklet.  But lets be honest, I probably wouldn't have read the booklet anyway, I would have assumed I could just easily google the controls...

If you pause them and remove them, they should shut themselves off in 5 minutes time.  I'm not sure that always happens though, as mine have randomly connected and started playing again when they should have been off.

Don't get me wrong - I love these.  Waterproof, great sound, and there were plenty of options to find the right fit for my ears.  But I still am not sure I know how to use any extra features - and I haven't tried taking a phone call with them yet.  

After a LOT more searching, I found this manual online:
It does not even mention the voice assistance (a feature I have used several times, I know that one works) - so even the manual doesn't have all of the instructions...












7 comments:

  1. I have these in pink and I love them especially for the price. I had to come here to actually learn the controls though. I know they have some
    YouTube videos but I don’t have the patience for that. They are great for my workouts and watching my Spanish videos so I don’t drive everyone else crazy. Thank you for posting these. I highly recommend them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So helpful. I love them but couldn't figure the controls out either. So glad this popped up in my google search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short press didn't work to skip. Two presses did though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had my earbuds for one month and the right one is playing music but button does not work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was helpful but you need to do 2 taps instead of short press. Sometimes it doesn’t work but you can probably get the hand of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this I finally figured out the controls!!!

    ReplyDelete