December Newsletter

December 2023

Where to find the Freebies, What I've been Reading,  What I've been Crafting,  our current favorite games, Our Winter Menu Plan...  and other random things from the past month. 

This month has been FULL Of Christmas decorating, Christmas Baking, Christmas Parties, Driving to see Light Displays, and of course, SIX family birthdays.  It's a month of celebrating chaos!  :-) 

Find a photo album of some of my Christmas Decorating here:


Holidays & Crafting Themes For The Next Month:

  • Snowmen
  • Jan 15th  Martin Luther King Day

 Freebies:

On The Blog In December:
The Story Behind My Nail Clipper Collection - Or, how my children will never let me live down a mistake I made at Niagara Falls. 

A Look At How I Store My Jewelery


On My Desk In December:


Barn Cards

Grinch Head Magnets

Snowman Growth Ornaments


Eagles are not a typical Christmas Card - but it's the mascot for our school, and my husband is on the school board..  so the School Board Christmas Cards this year were an eagle.  :-) 

Christmas Cards With A Preschooler

Hanukkah Card

Nativity Card



 What I Read In December

It took me all year to finish the History Of Lycoming County.  :-)  I have two more large history books in progress, I should be able to finish those in 2024.  The Lost Library is a cute YA book.  Murder In A Manger and Murder at An Irish Christmas were ok enough that I may check out others in the series.  I was VERY pleasantly surprised by Hannah's version of Poirot, and I look forward to reading the first 4 in that series.  Bill Bryson's History Of Christmas (audiobook only I think?) was REALLY good.


===============
RECIPES:
===============
Twice a year I volunteer at a Christmas Bingo (Christmas in July, and Christmas in December) for a local state hospital.  One of the other volunteers makes this puffy corn for the event, and it's THE most requested recipe, by all of the other volunteers. 

===============


===================

The Winter Menu Plan
I menu plan seasonally, rather than weekly.  More of an outline of our favorites, than specific meals...  here's a closer look at this winters plan:

On The Farm:

It's been mostly rain here again this month - SO much rain this year.  But we did have one light snow the first week of the month.

The Current Hay Art - We currently have both a reindeer (with light up nose) and a snowman.  They may stay up for awhile...  I don't have ideas for spring just yet.  :-)

Dan has covered my tractor in Christmas lights, in the front pasture, for the past few years.  With all of the new cows, we couldn't put it in the pasture this year - so we moved it up by the shed and added a "tree" from the flag pole.

===========================

No comments:

Post a Comment