3D Paper Easter Trucks - two files compared


Two Different Vintage 3D Trucks, as Easter Cards

Files Used:
Which is my favorite?
  • I love them both!
  • The free one is better as a mini Easter basket
  • The $2 file is better for mailing as a card
  • Note - these are both Christmas trucks that I made into Easter trucks, mainly by cutting them on purple card stock instead of red.
Note - the file was $1.99 in 2019 when I made these.  In 2024, it's $3.99.


Details For Each Truck:

The SVG Cuts Truck
I have made dozens of these - for Christmas, for fall, and now for Easter.  I love how easily they fold flat to mail.

Quick Links:

  • $2 Vintage Red Truck Card From SVG Cuts
  • Easter Eggs From Caluya Design - turned into a print then cut design
  • Font - Always Here
  • Markers that work with no adapter needed in the cricut
  • Free Fonts that write as single line fonts with the draw feature

    • I cut the grey truck here on off white paper and used it for the inside on one of the cards. You can choose to skip cutting that piece if you would like.
      The half truck in purple attaches to the inside with the eggs layered between it and the outer piece. The small chrome rectangle on the top right is the license plate, I sometimes add text there as well.

      For the Easter version, I used the eggs found here:
      I simply deleted the truck, duplicated the eggs and welded the second copy together so they became one solid image.  Then I placed the 3 colored eggs overtop the new solid image, selected all and flattened.  That enabled me to do a quick print then cut for these, without needing to piece a bunch of small things together.  They would be really cute pieced - I just didn't want to do them that way.

      For this design, I also removed the extra rails on the back of the truck. I simply cut them off once the design was cut - I didn't like the way the eggs were hidden behind them.

      On the long banner I used the font always here.  I changed it to draw, and attached it to the shape, then used a purple marker from the dollar tree to do the writing.

      To fit two trucks on a 12x12 piece of paper, I duplicated, then contoured out the headlights and fenders on the original.  On the duplicate, I contoured out the truck pieces.  Then I duplicated the two files again, so I had two copies of just hte trucks, and two of just the headlight/fenders.  Arrange them so they fit in 11.5x11.5, and then select all and attach.

      I made a bunch of these in the fall, with pumpkins in the back.
      ====================================
      The Free Truck From Caluya Design

      I've always pictured this as much bigger - but it's really the same size as the other one!  it's more solid though - with the bed able to hold small items.  (The door is shown here pushed in - it opens out - I just pushed it in when moving it around and didn't notice until I was uploading the photos)

      You could of course, resize the file and make it much larger.  :-)

      For this file, I just changed the color. I could have deleted the tree, but I cut it to try it - and I love how it goes together!  I look forward to making these this Christmas.

      This file cuts mostly as one piece.  You glue on the fenders and wheels and grill, then it just folds together.  


      =======================
      Most of my trucks go in the mail, so I made a lot more of the SVG Cuts design - But I really do love the free design as well.

      Another 3d Paper Truck svg, Free from Miss Mandee

      ============================




      1 comment:

      1. Very clever idea for those Easter Eggs! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw. Donna - DT Member

        ReplyDelete