2023 In Review - Our Favorite Recipes

 
A look back at some of my favorite new recipes from 2023

This year I began the massive task of organizing all of my recipes into OneNote.  I'm not done, but it's been very satisfying to start getting them all in one place!  

A new favorite this year - Clafoutis
I've made half a dozen variations this year, using different fruits and yogurt flavors.  I've loved every one of them!

Fig & Pepper Bread
This is a yeast bread, that I made for the first time this year for book club.
I did not expect it to be so good - but this is one of my favorite new recipes from 2023.

Although not a new to me recipe this year, I finally wrote it down this year.  :-)
This is the seasoning I use on pork to make pulled pork

Also not a new recipe - but another one I finally wrote out this year.
Roasted Tomato Spaghetti Sauce

Some of the canning and freezing, 2023

This is a new favorite for us this year, one of the results of my experiments with sourdough this year.  Sourdough Discard Cookies, made with the "extra", unfed, sourdough starter.  The real key to these cookies is the browned butter - I don't think the sourdough discard makes THAT much of a difference, but it does contribute to how great these cookies are.  

Adventures In Sourdough
In 2023, I spent a lot of time comparing recipes and techniques for a variety of sourdoughs.
It's an ongoing process, but here's some of my favorites from this year:

Our St Patrick's Day Favorites

An Easter Tradition

Cowboy Candy

Taco night on the deck

Sticky Buns are still the thing I am requested to make most often.  

Beeswax Wraps
 No sewing - just pinking shears and beeswax pellets.  It's sort of like re-usable press and seal.   https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2023/10/beeswax-bowl-wraps.html

Here's a look at our fall menu plan, and how I menu plan seasonally

Christmas Cookies 2023
Soft Molasses [Good, but not the best]
Sourdough Discard Chocolate Chip [New this year, fabulous]
Oatmeal Raisin [New recipe, fabulous]
Stuffed Oatmeal [not a keeper]
Peanut Butter [not a keeper]
Soft Sugar [not a keeper]
Rugalach [Favorite]
Rolled Sugar [Favorite, Family]

==================


No comments:

Post a Comment