Using Mail Merge & Avery Labels To Address Christmas Cards

 
Tip - Address labels and Mail Merge

I know, I know, we all had great plans of using the pens in cricut to address all of our Christmas cards...  but now it's 2 weeks before Christmas, and I don't know about you, but I needed something much faster.

So I used Avery Labels and Mail Merge.  

First, I used the free office template here to create my Christmas Card list. https://templates.office.com/en-us/christmas-card-list-tm16400652  If you do not use Microsoft Office, there are similar templates available for Google Docs - or you may even be able to upload this template into google docs, I haven't tried, but theoretically it should work.



Once I had all of my addresses entered, I saved my file.  Then I went to the Avery Design And Print website.  This is a FREE to use!  
  • Chose my labels in the templates
  • chose my design
  • and then on the left hand side, chose Mail Merge.
  • There I uploaded my saved Christmas list spreadsheet.  
Once it uploaded, I then chose "edit all" on the right, removed the original box of text, and reformatted my new uploaded text to the font and size I wanted.  Since I selected "edit all", it changed the font and size on every label.  

I save my completed project both to my Avery account, and also as a pdf.  Then I print it onto the labels.

The labels I use for my card addresses are  18160 Mailing Address Labels.  https://amzn.to/3y9D1Ip
300 labels for less than $5.

Avery has a step by step how to for using their online software to make labels, here:
[It includes videos]

I gave up on using home made envelopes awhile back - too many of my cards were returned as "undeliverable" by our post office.  Instead, I purchase these.  They are not the most inexpensive, but they are so pretty!  A pack of 50 costs around $14.  They come in a multitude of colors - from dark blue and dark green, to Ivory and White, with either silver, or gold, accents.
Find them here: https://amzn.to/3rjxjV5

=======================
Christmas In July - The Index







No comments:

Post a Comment