Christmas In July INDEX

 

Christmas In July - The Index
Planning, Projects, And Of Course - Free svgs
===================================
Christmas in July - because for some reason, I believe July will be less busy than any other month of the year.  Spoiler alert - there is no month that has enough hours for all that I want to do.   :-) 

This  is a great time however, for me to get organized.  This is when I print out new planner pages, get my Christmas svgs sorted, take inventory, make lists, and start making decisions about what I want to do.

This is when I look at how many advent calendars I am making, what Christmas card svgs I already own, and how many cards I plan to send.  It's a time to update my Christmas card list, print the mailing labels, & order the envelopes.  

It's when I look at what Christmas projects I started last year and didn't finish - and make decisions about whether or not I will finish them this year.

Here's the index for my 4 week Christmas In July Series:

====================
Christmas In July Week One 
 A To Do List & A Planner



====================
Christmas In July Week Two
Christmas Cards

 



A Photo album of assorted cards I have made, and designers I check for new card designs each year.

 

Including Tips, Tricks, and Free svgs
And also a look at cards I have made in past years

 









===============================
Christmas In July Week Three
Count Downs, Advent, & Decor 
(Things that should be done before Thanksgiving )

==========================
Christmas In July 
Where To Find Free SVGS
Where To Find Free Christmas SVGS By Theme, Christmas Tutorials, Christmas Project Ideas, and More!



















================
Still More Christmas
=================

A few years ago I did a 12 week Christmas Craft Challenge
Geared towards new Cricut users, I gave step by steps for a new craft each week, with a "Choose Your Own Adventure" section for advanced users, with additional free svgs and project ideas.  The entire series needs updated and re-written - a lot has changed since I wrote it.  But most of it is still online, and a lot of it is still useful, if you care to check it out while I'm in the process of updating it.  

=========================
Text from the original post, which I am updating right now....
==================
When I started thinking about Christmas in July, I was originally thinking of a new version of my "12 Weeks Of Cricut Christmas Crafting" - a series of how to make various projects, step by step.  And I DO plan to revamp that series this week.  It's on my list.  But as I got started, I realized that's not really what I need from Christmas in July, personally.

What I need is to get organized.  I need my Christmas Svgs all sorted in one place, I need to think about what projects need done EARLY and focus on those (advent calendars!  Do not wait until after Thanksgiving to start the advent calendars and count downs!)  I need to update our Christmas card list with all of those cards and address changes I tossed in the basket, and I need to look at ordering matching blank pajamas for the grandkids before their sizes sell out.  Often many sizes are sold out by October!

So, I started with my Christmas Planner, and two days in, I have a zillion blog posts to finish and update, but I'm so much happier with my plan.  I'm happy to HAVE a plan, and I feel like I know what I really need to focus on for Christmas in July.

Right now it's a bit like cleaning out my craft room.  I've found so many fun things, and have so many great ideas, but I'm also looking around at all the mess wondering what on earth I was thinking.  

So excuse the dust and chaos - it truly is never-ending - but here's some of what I have put together so far:


My Christmas Planner - The Index

No comments:

Post a Comment