Christmas In July INDEX

 

Christmas In July
Planning, Projects, And Of Course - FREE SVGS
When I started thinking about Christmas in July, I was originally thinking of a new version of my "12 Weeks Of Cricut Christmas Crafting" - a series of how to make various projects, step by step.  And I DO plan to revamp that series this week.  It's on my list.  But as I got started, I realized that's not really what I need from Christmas in July, personally.

What I need is to get organized.  I need my Christmas Svgs all sorted in one place, I need to think about what projects need done EARLY and focus on those (advent calendars!  Do not wait until after Thanksgiving to start the advent calendars and count downs!)  I need to update our Christmas card list with all of those cards and address changes I tossed in the basket, and I need to look at ordering matching blank pajamas for the grandkids before their sizes sell out.  Last year many sizes were sold out by October!

So, I started with my Christmas Planner, and two days in, I have a zillion blog posts to finish and update, but I'm so much happier with my plan.  I'm happy to HAVE a plan, and I feel like I know what I really need to focus on for Christmas in July.

Right now it's a bit like cleaning out my craft room.  I've found so many fun things, and have so many great ideas, but I'm also looking around at all the mess wondering what on earth I was thinking.  

So excuse the dust and chaos - it will take me a couple more days to get all of the posts organized for you - but I think some of you may find this all helpful, once it's finally finished.  

Here's a very quick, very incomplete, look at what I'm working on today:


My Christmas Planner - The Index
==========================
The Christmas In July Posts
========================
=================
The Christmas In July To Do List
================
A two page To Do list for Christmas In July - this is my plan for the month, and I'm hopeful that many of you will join me.  (These are included in the download found here)
(There's a lot of white space at the bottom of these, to leave room for notes.  Keep scrolling please...)

===============
This is where I will link to the Index Of The Free Christmas SVGS
There are SO many Free Christmas SVGs on my blog.  Getting them cleaned up and organized is one of my priorities for the week-end.

A few years ago I did a 12 week Christmas Craft Challenge
Geared towards new Cricut users, I gave step by steps for a new craft each week, with a "Choose Your Own Adventure" section for advanced users, with additional free svgs and project ideas.  The entire series needs updated and re-written - a lot has changed since I wrote it.  But most of it is still online, and a lot of it is still useful, if you care to check it out while I'm in the process of updating it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment