Cotton Ball Snowmen - A Kids Craft With Cricut

Cotton Ball Snowman  - A Kids Craft Made With Cricut

There is no svg - this was made in Design Space, just using shapes.
You can access the project here:
https://design.cricut.com/landing/project-detail/61c0bfc8471fadd522422d34

When you click on a Design Space project link, a box will open asking you if you want to open design space.  Tell it yes, and the project will load.


Upload your childs photo to the project, and use the grey circle to slice out the face you want to show through the frame.

I originally made this in card form, but we ended up gluing it closed, and putting a magnet on the back.  Having the second layer added stability for our magnet, so either way, if making this again, I would cut it this way.


My grandson just turned two.  He's had a lot of experience with "glue glue!" though, going through roughly a glue stick a day helping Grandma.  [If you follow my facebook page, I'm sure you have seen him helping with many projects her]  This was the first he was allowed to use the liquid glue, and he was quite excited.  

We pulled the cotton balls apart a bit before gluing them fast.  He likes that part a lot too.

I added the hat and buttons, and the magnet on the back, with hot glue.  He handed me the pieces, but is not allowed to work with hot glue just yet.  :-)
There's a hole at the neck, between the circles, where ribbon fits through to make the scarf.  I used hot glue to attach that as well.

This was inspired by an Easy Peasy kids craft.  They have lots of great projects on their site, available for download if you subscribe.  They are not however, svgs, and most of the projects, such as this one,  can easily be recreated as cut files in Design Space.

================


1 comment:

  1. My grandchildren LOVE to hot glue. I got the Cool Shot gun for them and limit them to one stick a day! It's great to get them involved. Your little one is definitely adorable!

    ReplyDelete