Personalizing Dollar Tree Night Lights - With Cricut


Cliff Notes:
  • Dollar Tree night lights
  • Remove the original design with acetone (nail polish - just make sure it's 100% acetone)
  • 651 vinyl 
  • Design to fit a 3.25 inch circle
These are very simple designs - but both are personal to our family.  The cow is a design inside a lampshade in our guest room, where my grandson stays when visiting.  This is now a little version he can have at his house.  Since our last name is Truckenmiller, our boys are often called "Truck" by their friends and coworkers.  I make "my daddy pours cement better than your Daddy" shirts for my grandson, this truck is the same one from his shirts... 

These are what I started with.  $1 each at the Dollar Tree.

I tried my daughters nail polish remover first, and although it's first ingredient is acetone, it was not 100% acetone, and it did not really work.  This container (made to dip your fingers into to remove the polish)  is 100% acetone, and it wiped the design right off.  I was curious, so I tried VLR (the best for removing vinyl from fabric!) and it worked well too.  But nail polish is cheaper! 

I say it all the time - this fabric tape measure is my most used tool for cricut projects! (See what other tools I recommend here)

I don't know where I found that Hay There cow - I've had it for awhile.
The cement truck was a simple silhouette that I cleaned up in Design Space
The font is Chuck Noon - one of my favorite non script fonts.

Because the discs are flat - this is a pretty easy transfer!  I used Dollar Tree contact paper as my transfer tape.

They Hay There design, used inside of a lampshade in our guest room.

Adding Vinyl Designs To Lampshades, so the design appears when the light is turned on - https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/09/adding-vinyl-designs-to-lampshades.html

That's it!  Cheap, quick, and simple! 

============================


==========================

Find More Cricut Project Tutorials Here:

https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/04/cricut-step-by-step-project-tutorials.html

==========================


1 comment:

  1. I so wish you could remember where you got the "Hay There". I Love it !

    ReplyDelete