Making The Centers For Large Paper Flowers - Free Templates




Cliff Notes:






http://melstampz.blogspot.com/2011/10/6-petal-ornate-flower-template.html
These smaller paper flowers are some of my favorites to use as centers in large paper flowers.

Giant paper flower Center Variations:
https://www.abbikirstencollections.com/2017/03/center-variations-diy-giant-paper-flowers.html



Here's a tutorial for those who like youtube tutorials - 

(this one is not too annoying at all - no sound needed, and it gets right to the point)


Step By Step How I Made Mine
For the White ones:
The template for the flower can be found here:
I cut one using the cricut, then found it was really just much quicker to cut the petals by hand.  You can cut 3 sheets of paper at once by hand.  I did not use the largest petal in this template, I started with the second petal, and I cut 6 of each size.4

For the centers I really love the cricut.    


To make the center:


To make the centers, I created a rectangle 11.5 x5.5 .  Then I created a score line, leaving space at the top and bottom of the rectangle.  Change the score line to cut, and duplicate until you have a row of single cut lines.  I like to cut this out on metallic papers.  Then fold in half long ways, but offset.  glue along the solid edge.  Then you can either wrap this around a half of a styrofoam ball, or just wrap it together... I've done it both ways.  For these, I just wrapped them tightly without the styrofoam.

Here's a tutorial for those that can stand youtube tutorials - 
(this one is not too annoying at all - no sound needed, and it gets right to the point)

For the Pink One
First template on the page.  Again, skip the largest, and cut 6 of each of the other sizes.
I followed the tutorial here, with the slits in the bottoms of the petals - 
http://ashandcrafts.com/paper-flower-backdrop/  (below the video are step by step how to photos)

For the center, I used this:

Cut 4 of them, at 5x5
Then I used the rolled rose template here:
and placed that in the center of the 4 black spriggy things.

The gold center in the blue flower is a variation on the black center in the flowers above. To get that swirl, simply fold "offset" - so that an inch or so is not double.  Then wrap around half of a Styrofoam ball.  Templates for the Daisy and fringed black flowers are below.


======================================================






No comments:

Post a Comment