Making Pillows With Cricut

For about two years after I bought my first cricut, I made dozens of envelope pillow covers, for every season.  They are a quick and easy project - and a great project for someone who wants to sew but has never really sewn before.  

Below is a look at some of the different ones I have made.

The Cliff Notes Version:
Find a step by step for sewing envelope pillow covers here:

If You Do Not Want to Sew - Where To Buy Pre-Made Pillow Cases & Supplies:
  I bought 2 yards of lightweight canvas fabric (right beside the muslin  in the fabric aisle at wal-mart) and that made two 18x18 covers, 2 16x16 covers, and enough leftover for a dust cover for my cricut, with more to spare...

For the first design, I wanted to mimic the antique flour sack (a family heirloom) that hangs over the bench where these pillows sit.

Then I used the same design on some curtains - 


 I can't tell you how I made the curtains, because this is not something I followed a pattern, or any rules for, really..   too often I sew the way I cook.  :-)  [This is my "old" craft area. After the washing machine lines froze and flooded this room, the entire room got a bit of a redo.  See my new craft space here: https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2023/01/where-my-cricut-lives-see-my-laundry.html)


More Pillows:

This Little Red Truck svg is made with a free svg.  I show you step by step how I layer the colors, here:

Lets Stay Home Pillow


It's difficult to imagine now, after owning a cricut for years my craft room is well over stocked.  But at the time I made this, I didn't have a 12x12 piece of black htv.  I did however, have scraps.  So I split the svg up - here's how:


This pillow is on my desk with a variety of other Thanksgiving Projects - see them all here


Thanksgiving Pillow
This was a free svg at one time, from a site that no longer exists.  :-(  It wouldn't be too difficult to create something similar with a variety of fonts.
 

I cannot remember where that truck svg is from.  :-(


==========================

Where To Find Free SVGS By Theme

https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2017/11/svg-freebies.html

Find More Cricut Project Tutorials Here:

==========================

No comments:

Post a Comment