Turkey Finger Puppet with Cricut

 
Turkey Finger Puppet
A quick cricut kids craft, made with my almost 3 year old grandson

I don't have an svg for this one - but since it is basic shapes, I can share the link to my Design Space Project, for those of you who use a cricut:

https://design-beta.cricut.com/landing/project-detail/636ee134901a4d3fbd5bfea5

The rectangle is folded accordion style, and attaches the head, giving it a bit more movement for the googly eyes.  Because, if you have followed me for the past year you probably know, all of our kids crafts revolve around those googly eyes.  My grandson is obsessed.

We tried a glue stick for the eyes last night, instead of our regular glue gun. This morning, the glue still has not dried completely (its clear when dry) but the eyes are still attached...  

We used hot glue for the accordion "neck".  A glue stick would work - but the hot glue will hold up better.  My husband watched our grandson help me to use the hot glue gun, , and asked how many times he has burnt me with it.  Far, far, less times than I have burnt myself.  


==========
Turkey Rhymes & Songs
(And coloring pages)
============
The turkey is a funny bird
Its head goes bobble-bobble;

And all he knows is just one word..
And that is GOBBLE-GOBBLE!

================

==================
To The Tune Of Row Row Row Your Boat:
==============

Gobble, gobble, turkeys talk,
Turkeys all around,
Standing up and sitting down,
Turkeys on the ground.



=============
Mr Turkey
===============
I have a turkey, big and fat.
[Spread Arms Wide]

He spreads out his tail
[Hands At Hips]

and walks like that
[strut]

His daily corn he would not miss.
[Rub stomach]

And when he talks, it sounds like this:
[“Gobble Gobble Gobble!”]



========
Alternate Moves For 
Mr Turkey
==========
I have a turkey, big and fat.
(Make a fist with one hand-thumb out for
turkey's head)

He spreads out his tail and walks like that.
(Attach "tail" by spreading fingers of other hand
behind turkey hand)

His daily corn he would not miss.
(Poke with thumb at floor)

And when he talks, it sounds like this:
“Gobble Gobble Gobble!”

Build your Own Turkey Printable from Crayola











No comments:

Post a Comment