Rolled Paper Flowers & A Dollar Tree Pumpkin

Rolled Paper Flowers On A Dollar Tree Foam Pumpkin

Supplies Used:


============
Step By Step:
=============
I was using white flowers, so I painted the pumpkin first.  That's probably not necessary if you are using orange flowers, but these pumpkins are awfully bright orange, so a light coat of paint to tone them down a bit and make them closer to your cardstock color is never a bad idea.  Use a cheap paint!  I only used the Martha Stewart Chalk paint because I bought a LOT of it at 80% off, so I use it for pretty much everything right now.

While the paint dries, start cutting flowers.
I used the free svg found here:
(Scroll down, under the pink banner you will see the download button)
I sized the svg at 3.7 - exact numbers shown above

That allows me to fit 5 on a sheet of regular card stock.
I placed them on there, and attached, because Design Space does not always use the space as efficiently as I would like, if I allow it to decide where to place them.

You'll need approximately 60 flowers, so 12 sheets of card stock.   Once you click make it, tell cricut you want to make 12 copies of your project.

I also cut the vine
Free SVG Found here
Sized 4.94 x 2.615

If you have never rolled paper flowers before, it's not hard, but remember to roll from the outside in.  I am not very precise in my rolling, mine are rarely the exact same size, some are rolled tighter than others.  I roll tight, then allow them to loosen just a little before gluing them in place.

Then I stuck them into the pumpkin using a straight pin.  I could have glued them in place, but it's easier to move them around to fill the spaces better if you use the pins.  You could use pretty pins with pearl heads, too.

View of the bottom of my pumpkin
I worked from the top down.
It took me 57 flowers to cover my pumpkin.

I used a wine cork for the stem, it's hot glued to the pumpkin.  You could paint a wine cork too, cover it in fabric, or just a stick in it's place.

When I made this rolled paper flower wreath, I used tacky glue.  It worked - but hot glue works so much better, it's much faster with hot glue, because it dries so much faster.


=======================

Find More Cricut Project Tutorials Here:

https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/04/cricut-step-by-step-project-tutorials.html

==========================




 

No comments:

Post a Comment