Zombie 5k Week One

See My Experience with All The Weeks Here:

Week One

First morning running the zombie 5 k training.  It's  a lot different  than the coutch to 5k. I'm liking it.  You walk for 1 minute run for 15 seconds.  It doesn't sound like much, but it's harder than I expected. When it was over, I felt really good.  I don't love running, but I love the way I feel when I at least attempt running regularly.

The story line is minor - it doesn't interfere much, and it plays your playlist between talks.  It might all make more sense if you watch The Walking Dead, but that's just a guess.  I tried two episodes of that show and would rather be eaten by zombies, or run, than sit through another.  Zombies are really not my thing.  Even so, this is interesting, simply in that it is different.  I've done the c25k so many times, I was ready for something different.
.
I used the accelometer, Dan used the GPS mode.  His recorded that he went 2.18 miles.  Mine says 6km - over 3 miles.   We weren't together the whole time, but I'm pretty certain his is closer to correct.  I switched mine to gps/miles for next time.  (The horses were out when I got up this morning,  so I was running late & didn't have time to look at the app settings before I left.)


Compared To The C25K Program:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk.
 Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.



Week Three
Week Four
Week Five
Week Six
Week Seven
Week Eight

===========================

No comments:

Post a Comment