Christmas In July - Planning Christmas Cookies

Christmas In July - Planning The Christmas Cookies
===========
TO DOWNLOAD
================
You can right click on this image and save as

OR you can download a zip file, from google drive,  that has this as a pdf, and also includes individual pngs that will be higher quality than if you right click on the images on the blog.

===================

 It's a tradition here for me to make dozens and dozens of cookies, and then my husband delivers plates, with cards, to our neighbors.  We have a lot of Amish neighbors, who also bring us plates of cookies each year.  And there are also events we need cookie plates for... There's an entire section of my planner devoted to cookie recipes, many of them family recipes, and this may be the year I get them all into a cookbook as a gift for all of the kids. 


One year I etched glass plates with monograms for some of our family cookie plates
https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2017/12/etching-cookie-plates-christmas-gifts.html 

Last year I made 19 boxes with poinsettias, for the cookies.  I think I'll do this again this year.  And I should definitely start these in July!  That poinsettia file I used is in the 90% off Christmas in July sales right now.   https://bit.ly/43a29fY 
 The box I used is no longer free - but there are lots of free options - I'll come back and add them soon.

The post about these boxes, from 2022:
On my desk currently...  boxes for the neighbors Christmas cookies, using cut up zip lock bags for the  window film - in place of acetate.
The box is a free file from: 
[No longer free- now 99 cents]

I eliminated the extra top piece, the band, and of course, the pumpkin.  I grouped the two pieces that make the box, and resized the group to 11.5 wide, the largest I can cut with cricut. 

 For the "acetate" window, I am cutting up gallon sized zip lock bags, and its just so much quicker to use my paper cutter for that, than mess with cricut.  I can get 8 pieces from one bag - but two of them are "ruined" by the label on the bag, so it's actually only 6 usable ones.  If I had bags without the label on the front, it would be 8 - but I'm just using what I had on hand. 

The flower I used for the 1st 10 is the poinsettia gift bow (again, I bought it when it was on sale for 99 cents) from Jamie Lee Designs.  I resized it pretty small, and it cut beautifully.  With all of the pieces aligned center, I sized it to 1.8 by 1.8, for on these boxes.  I would love to make larger versions for on packages, I really like this file a lot.  
Find it here - https://bit.ly/43a29fY


When I started this project, I thought I was making 8, maybe 10.  When my husband was done with the list, its at 19.  Had I known it was 19, I probably would have ordered boxes from Amazon...  but oh well!  This started out as a tradition years ago when I was new to the farm, and we had animals escaping fences all the time.  I made plates of cookies to thank all of the local farmers who had helped us with advice, wrangling loose animals, or had our livestock in their yards at some point.  🙂
=====================
===============================


  • Week One - Planning, & Taking Inventory
  • Week Two - Getting Organized & Set Up For Christmas Cards 
  • Week Three - Count Downs, Advent, & Decor - things that should be done before Thanksgiving 
  • Week Four - Gifts & Ornaments

======================
My Christmas Planner - The Index





No comments:

Post a Comment