When The Rename Option is Hidden In Design Space

What To Do When The  Rename A Layer Option Is Missing From Design Space

Renaming layers is especially helpful in this new version, as we no longer see the operation beside the item name.  

For instance, it no longer tells us, in the layers panel, if an item will cut, draw, or score.  So renaming  the layer can be helpful. 

 I can also add the material in the layer name.  For example, when making the floating acetate ornaments, I can name a layer "PC Acetate" to remind me that it is Print Then Cut, out of Acetate material.  

When using Windows 11, I find that the "rename" option, all the way at the top of the right click menu, did not always appear. 

 It depends on where I place my cursor when I right click. 

 If I place my cursor at the top of the group name box and right click, I will see the items at the top of the menu - and rename is the very top item. 

 If I place my cursor at the bottom of the group name box and right click, I will see the bottom of the right click menu, and the rename option will not be visible, since it is at the very top.





No comments:

Post a Comment