How To Quickly Recut One Missing Piece Of A Design In Cricut

Today I cut this design using some leftover scrap vinyl, and I misjudged the placing.  The bottom of the T was cut off.   It was quick and easy to recut JUST the T I needed - here's how I did it.

On the layers panel on the right, find the piece I need.  Here, it's the word "today.  Select it in the layers panel, then at the top right, select duplicate.

Now I have a second copy of the word today.  But I only need the T - so I selected that word, and chose "contour".  I chose "hide all contours" and it hid all but the T automatically, since the T is first - but you can click on each item you want to hide and or cut.

Then I changed the T to purple.  Any color not in the original design works - I just wanted it to be quick and easy to find.  I clicked make it, it shows my entire project.  On the left, I clicked on the purple mat, and cut just that one.

I could always just hide everything but the T  before clicking make it- but changing the color feels faster for me, whether it actually is or not.  :-)

==========================




No comments:

Post a Comment