Free Fonts For Writing With Cricut - With Super Fine Tip Pens



Free Writing Fonts For Cricut 
The Cricut machine, when writing, will follow the same path it would if it was cutting.  So most text will appear "hollow", or as a "bubble"  You can avoid this by using a writing font in Cricut Design Space (Most cost around $5) OR, by choosing a free font thin enough that the lines "collapse on themselves"  (Those are the fonts listed here).  Although these are not truly free writing fonts, they are free fonts that will write without bubbling.

The Names under each sample are linked to the sites to download the font.  Simply click on the font name under the sample, to download.
Samples are written with a plain old Bic Round Stic Pen. at .5 inches tall
(To write in 1 inch height, try a thicker pen - the samples for the thicker pens are all 1 inch tall)

  1. Baby Lexi
  2. Lyrics Movement
  3. Advertising Script Monoline
  4. kaleidescope
  5. Argentina Script
  6. Montepetrum
  7. Long Night
  8. Belta Light
  9. Encina Script
  10. Lovesick
  11. Gatsby
  12. Always Here
  13. HSF Skinny Towers
  14. Matilde
  15. English Essay
  16. Rose Water
  17. Mikelis Light
  18. Indesign Signature
  19. Lilypen
  20. Flamenco Light
  21. Lamiar
  22. Europe Underground
  23. Mathanifo Script
  24. Memories
  25. Milton One

Samples are at half an inch tall, with the Precise V5 Pen.  If you look at the S in Stymie hairline, and shopping script, you will see they are missing a bit of the s - this is because I was pushing the limits of the margins.  I have found that if my text is right up along the edge of the paper, it does better if I weld the text, but I did not do that here.  It's really best to not put your text right up against the edge of the page - leave a little margin. 

  1. Reading
  2. Brotherhood Script
  3. Monday Line
  4. Beautiful Friends
  5. Poor Weekdays
  6. Prescriptivism
  7. Prince Charming
  8. Shopping Script
  9. Question Of Science
  10. Romantically
  11. Something Blue
  12. Slim Extreme
  13. Single Line
  14. Stymie Hairline
  15. Stylish Charm
  16. Stymie Stylus
  17. Sunny Winter
  18. Thin Fingers
  19. Sweetly Broken
  20. Thinnyness
  21. Tiffany Script
  22. The Artist
  23. The Age
These are in the sample above, but did not work with this pen.  They work with the fine line pens

Autumn Chant
Moon Flower
Print Clearly
Penelope Anne



Commercial Use Fonts That Will Work As Writing Fonts

=================================



Pin This:

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting these, I really didn't want to have to pay £5 eveytime i wanted to write a different font. now all i need to find out is how to thicken cut fonts so i can get numbers and cut out a background colour. duplicating the number and making it bigger doesnt work so we need some thickening type tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 5 options here - one might work for you? https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/02/how-to-create-text-shadow-layer-in.html

      Delete
  2. To thicken lines I duplicate the font, and centre horizontally and vertically then nudge 1 space up and 1 space right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I downloaded a few of these fonts but they are still showing up as the outline. Do you have any ideas for troubleshooting? I specifically tried Matilde with the cricut 0.4mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Showing up in design space as an outline, or actually being an outline when you make the project? Matilde is one I use often with a bic pen.. it writes great for me, but I don't think I have ever used it at more than half an inch tall.

      Delete
  4. do you have these fonts in one folder to download or are they just all separate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all linked to the sites the fonts come from. Since none of the fonts belong to me, I can not put them all in one folder for you, unfortunately. All I can do is link to the sites where the designers have allowed the fonts to be downloaded for free.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your site, I love looking and getting some writing fonts as I do a lot of scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I didn't know I could access my fonts under System Fonts and they font links you provided are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This was a lot of work that saves all of us a lot of time!!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete