Tooth Fairy Luminary - With Free SVGs

Making Tooth Fairy Luminaries With Dollar Tree Tart Warmers


Cliff Notes:
  • Dollar Tree Tart Warmer
  • Dollar Tree Battery Operated Tea Light
  • 651 Vinyl
  • This size and shape can be hard to work on - the simpler the design the better!
  • All the free svgs & sizes are below.


I started with this free SVG:



http://cuttingforbusiness.com/2016/10/20/silhouette-cameo-cricut-tooth-fairy-dish/
When you upload this to design space, it will look like one solid circle.  De-attach and you can drag the pieces around.  This is an example of using attach rather than slice - it looks like a solid circle, but if you send it to cut, you would end up with the design shown here.

If the above svg is no longer available, here are some other options:
https://svgandme.com/tooth-fairy-svg/

The first design as is did not  work well for the smaller sized tart warmer top.  I changed my font to KG Beneath Your Beautiful, and I deleted the circles and added little circles instead.
So basically, I used this idea, and this tooth.


SIZES USED:


Lets 

Trade  

The tooth is .66 tall

The circles are 0.347 in size.  I only used 8 of them.  I let them cut "in a row" (so they are grouped here, not attached) and just peeled them off as stickers, no transfer tape needed..  it was the easiest way for me to do this.




For The Front:

I started with the dinosaur from this set from LoveSVG -



once uploaded to design space, simply ungroup and delete all of the others.
Then I duplicated the tooth that I used on the top, changed it to white, and placed it in the dinosaurs hands.

I always try to use print fonts for children projects, because they learn to read print before they learn cursive.  Cursive would also be a nightmare to apply on this rounded tart warmer, at a readable size.I liked this font in particular, because if you place a letter not quite perfectly, it can look like it's part of the font design, and not just because putting text on the bottom edge of a tart warmer is challenging.

Sizes:
Entire Design - 5.953 x 2.437
Dinosaur 1.729 high

Bottom text I made in bold, and I unlocked it to make it a little taller, so it is sized:
5.953 x 0.532


I recommend placing each word in that bottom line one word at a time - do not put it all on the transfer tape at once, or it will be REALLY crooked when you try to apply it to the curved bottom of a tart warmer.


For the next one, I used this free SVG, also from LoveSVG.
I changed the text all to the sides, none on the bottom for this one. It was much easier to apply this way!



I had considered adding a tooth inside a dump truck as well, but I was struggling to fit the design onto the size of a tart warmer.


More Free Tooth Fairy SVGs:


=================================



Made with the Cricut Maker - a Tooth Fairy Pillow - 

====================


================================

==========================

Find More Cricut Project Tutorials Here:

3 comments:

  1. My grandson said thank you for the svg of the dinosaur making this project easy for me. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I need to seal the vinyl? My 651 has already started peeling after just a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Do you happen to have this entire project in one SVG file? The download for the plate SVG (the very first link) is no longer available on the original site. Do you have a file for the way you made it with the little circles?

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete