Cucumber Feta Blueberry Mint Salad

Cucumber Feta Blueberry Mint Salad

A friend of mine shared this recipe from the Wegmans Circular. I don't shop at Wegmans, but I found a white balsamic dressing at Big Lots that was quite good.  I also found recipes for alternate dressings.  

1 pint  [2 cups] blueberries
2-3  seedless cucumbers [about 4 cups, once cut]
1/2 cup White Balsamic Dressing
3 Tb chopped mint leaves
1 cup feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Combine cucumbers and blueberries in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Add dressing, mint, and feta; toss gently to combine.
Chef Tip: To seed cucumber, slice in half lengthwise and scoop out center with spoon.

I used regular cucumbers from my garden, mint from my garden, feta from Aldi, and white balsamic dressing I found at Big Lots.

Alternative Dressing:
3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon honey or sugar
1/4 cup olive oil

Homemade White Balsamic Dressing
⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon dried garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste



===============




No comments:

Post a Comment