Tips For Making Paper Flowers With Cricut

 
Materials & Tools, How to Add Texture,  Assorted Tips, & Sites To Follow

==============
MATERIALS & TOOLS

 



I prefer textured paper for my paper flowers

 

I've also used pastels,  inks, and I've heard that eye shadow palettes work great!

Often called fondant, or clay tools, these can be helpful for 
adding creases and rounding petals on flowers

==============
TUTORIALS
ADDING TEXTURE & DIMENSION


==============
ASSORTED TIPS

 

Use your weeding tool to punch a hole for the floral wire

 

 Use the Guide Option in Design Space to add notes on how to make the flowers, so you remember later.

 
 I  use my vinyl weeding tool to gently lift small pieces off  the mat.

Basic Tips:
  • It's often much faster to cut the larger flowers by hand.  Cut one set of the larger petals with your machine, then use it as a template, you can cut several pieces of paper, stacked together, all at once.
  • Remember to stagger your petals.  Once you have attached the "base" layer of petals, layer the next layer so that the middle of the next petal overlaps two of the bottom petals - as you'd see in a flower in nature.
  • When assembling rolled paper flowers, roll from the outside in - ending with the center base.
  • Glue - I prefer hot glue most of the time, but a quick dry tacky glue works great too.
  • Paper - I use just regular (preferably textured) cardstock [typically 60-80lb]  - same as I use for cards.  But crepe paper makes really beautiful flowers!  I've used felt too - and lighter papers...  
================
SITES TO CHECK/ CRAFTERS TO FOLLOW
These are some of my favorite Paper Flower Crafters

Deany Weeny Blooms 

NO SVGS - BUT INSPIRATION AND VIDEOS

===================
Reminder - I'm an affiliate for a number of sites.  If you click on a link on this page and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission.  This in no way effects the price you pay
========================
The Flower Making Index






No comments:

Post a Comment