Making a DandeLION Catcher - With Free SVG

 
My grandson brings me handfuls of dandelions every chance he gets.  So I thought we'd try something different with them.  It's not my idea, my daughter saw a similar printable online somewhere and sent me a photo - I merely created a version that could be cut with cricut.  

We did add a clear top layer - contact paper.  It's rather a pain to remove all of the cut out dots from the contact paper layer, and I really don't think it is needed.  There are three layers of cardstock, making it plenty sturdy on it's own.  The contact paper may add some water resistance if you are using this over and over.

The svg is 3 layers, quick and easy to glue together. 
I cut it at 7.5 wide

If you want to add contact paper on top, duplicate the bottom layer, and cut it from the clear contact paper.

Another option is to add clear contact paper to the black [bottom layer] paper, and the brown [top layer]  BEFORE cutting the black and brown layers.  Then it would cut the paper and contact paper at the same time.  On the top layer, there would not be contact paper over the eyes, nose and mouth..  but there would be around the edges where the dandelions sit.  

We've been learning how to cut long stems on the dandelions, and then tie them in the back, to make them stay..  giving him practice tying knots.  

=============
==============

====================
Find More Cricut Kids Crafts With Free SVGs Here:





No comments:

Post a Comment