Where To Find Free Stencil Fonts

 

When cutting text from paper, for on the front of greeting cards in particular, stencil fonts often work best.  This style of font cuts away with no need to save the little inside pieces in letters like e, and a.  

Here's an example of an insert card, made using a lions head stencil image, and a stencil font.
==========================

Where To Find Free Stencil Fonts:

There are many pages of free stencil fonts at:
https://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=114

Dafont is the go to site for free fonts.

 Many of the fonts are DEMO only.  That means they may not include the pretty swirly glyphs and extras that come in the full version of the font.  For Stencil fonts, that is not really ever an issue, since stencils rarely have glyphs.  

Not all stencil fonts are blocky, there are script versions too:



Font Squirrel is another site with a lot of free stencil svgs

I particularly like Stardos Stencil

Stencil Love is free on Fontspace

Free on Fontspace

===========
NOT FREE - 
But Some Of The Ones I Use
===================
Remember that I am an affiliate for a number of sites, including fontbundles, and if you click on these links, I may earn a small commission.  It will NOT change the price you are charged, in any way.

These are almost always fonts that were either free for a limited time, or on sale in the monthly $1 deals.  Unfortunately, they are no longer free.  

My favorite.

IF you have the Subscription to Creative Fabrica, this font is included to download for  free.

I don't own this one - but I'm tempted by it!
Remember what I said earlier about demo versions on Dafont?  There IS a demo version of this one there!  It does not have the extra swirls
https://www.dafont.com/sthencyl.font

Stencio is one of my favorites - it was a limited time freebie when I downloaded it


No comments:

Post a Comment