Making "Saying Inserts" For Christmas Cards

 
Christmas Card Inserts
On my desk this afternoon - inserts for some of my Christmas cards.  These get glued into the inside of my cards.

  Almost all of the cards I make are blank on the inside.  I print then cut sentiments that I adhere inside the cards, with our "signature". 

 One of the reasons I do it this way so that it is easy for the cards to be reused.  The recipient can remove my insert easily, then either attach their own message inside, or write inside the card, and pass it along.  I tell all of my friends and family to feel free to recycle my cards - I certainly  don't expect them to save them all.  

It's also a great way to use some of the Christmas svgs that I love, but have no real use for.  

But the biggest reason I do it, is because it's fast and easy.  

I have also made these using sticker paper - when I wanted less bulk. Sticker paper makes it even faster and easier to add these, and it's often a nicer look - but it is also a more expensive option.
This is the sticker paper I use, and love.

===========
MAKING THE INSERTS
===============

For the inserts, I use any Christmas svg, add our "signature", and then add an offset, or shapes, behind and flatten. For print then cut projects in Cricut, it's always important to flatten text to a shape.  If text is not flattened to a shape, it will cut out each letter individually.  Look under the truck in the above photo - I added a white rectangle, made sure it overlapped the white offset of the truck, then welded the rectangle to the offset.

 Then placed our "signature" on top, selected the entire design (Drag your cursor while holding the shift key, to quickly select all the layers of a design) and chose flatten.

  I make them 3 inches tall by 3 inches wide, so I can cut 6 on one piece of paper.  I could probably fit more on paper if I used another program and hand cut them - but I have a cricut, in part, because I truly do not enjoy hand cutting paper.  It's well worth it to me to have a little waste, and have the machine do it all for me

=================

Christmas In July - The Index



No comments:

Post a Comment