St Patrick's Day Flowers

 
The Poppy SVG from Abbi Kirstin looks like shamrocks. I converted it into green flowers to go on our Lions Club pins, for a meeting this week.

Because there was no way of knowing how many would be present,  or would need green for the clubs March requirement that we wear green, I made a bunch of extras, and then made a few more when I realized I liked the look in a crock as a decoration.  :-)

The exact SVG I used is from Abbi Kirstin and is no longer free
However, I think that the FREE version by Jennifer Maker looks nearly identical


I had used this same project in the past, for Poppy Pins for Remembrance Day.  These are the modifications I used on the original file:

1.  After all the pieces are uploaded, select all, align center.  Then resize to 6.5 wide.  I may even go to 6 wide next time - but 6.5 worked, and the centers still cut well,  I cut on cardstock plus for the centers - just to make sure they cut well.

2. I deleted 3 of the 3 petal pieces - making each flower just 3 layers.  The 4th layer is nice for bouquets, but for the pins, I wanted a little less fluff.


I used hot glue to attach floral wire to the inside of the first layer, then assembled the rest of the flower.   The wires tuck neatly between the magnets on our club pins.

The shamrock mandala is from Special Hearts Studio - Free svg

Those brown things on the sides are Insulator Caps.  I have collected these for many years, and when my gram passed away, I found a fantastic collection of them in my grandfathers garage.  He had died before I was born, I had no idea he had collected them too.  :-)  Years later I learned that there's a whole convention in Ohio for collectors!  I'm not that serious about my collection - but I would like to go to the convention one year.  

"Insulators are non-electrical conducting objects, usually made of glass or porcelain, intended to insulate the current running in a wire from grounding out, especially in fog or rain. Most often they are mounted on wooden pins on the cross arms of telephone poles"

My St Patrick's Day Leaf Gnome is not a free file.
I made this using the fall leaf gnome from Dreaming Tree














No comments:

Post a Comment