Cricut Kids Craft - Lemur With Moving Tail

 
A Quick and Easy Lemur Craft With Cricut

Materials Used:

  • Cardstock in Black and White
  • FREE Lemur SVG
  • Googly Eyes [My grandson is obsessed with googly eyes - Everything gets them!]
  • Brad  "Paper Fastener" to attach the tail [I bought this assortment]
  • Magnet on the back (I buy packs of them at the Dollar Tree)

We have a small zoo just a few miles from us.  It's Reptiland, and as the name applies, is mostly reptiles.  Snakes, alligators, crocodiles, frogs, etc.  It has a fantastic animatronic dinosaur park, and an aviary where birds land on seed sticks you hold out for them..  we love it there.  For my grandsons 3rd birthday, I purchased a membership and we visit pretty much every week.

In the winter months, they have visiting animals from a wildlife park .  Last weeks "Creature Feature" was lemurs from Lake Tobias.  These were SO much fun to watch!   When we came home, we watched a few episodes of Zoboomafoo, and while that was playing, I created a very quick lemur craft.  

I poked a brad through the butt and tail, so the tail moves.  You could add a small hole to make it easier, but I find the brads poke through quite well on their own.

The ear and nose pieces are quite small - you could draw them on instead.  And the piece that is grey here (black in the svg) I cut from white.

Ours is a magnet - most of our crafts are.

===============

Clyde Peelings Reptiland
Allenwood Pa


No comments:

Post a Comment