Easter Explosion Basket

This Easter Basket Opens in Layers, each layer having another selection of candy.

There's a free svg for making this, but I found that it's easier, and faster, to cut the majority of this by hand.  All of my accessories were cut with cricut, and the handle, which is part of the svg, I also cut with cricut.

 

An Easter Candy Explosion Basket

On my desk this morning... the Easter Candy Explosion Box From Minor DIY . Trust me, it's easier than it looks to make this! Once you make one, it will be really quick to make more.

The explosion box svg is from:
It's made from Dollar Tree Posterboard, which cuts well on the medium cardstock, more pressure setting.

(I tried the posterboard setting and it did not work nearly as well)
For the rectangle cuts, I cut them by hand with an exacto knife. You have to cut the posterboard down to make it fit on a mat anyway, so since I was already cutting, I figured I might as well just cut to size.

I think it was a LOT faster than feeding all those mats into the machine.
I did cut all of the lids and the handles with the cricut. I changed everything to white, since I was using all white posterboard, and changed the mat size to 12x24. Then I cut posterboard down to 12x24 to fit on my 12x24 mats.

My machine made a weird extra cut in the handle. Just random - it doesn't appear in the svg. I have a strong love hate relationship with my new maker, it does a lot of odd things like this.

So I covered it with a flower that I had made when I was trying out a variety of free daisy svgs

All of the elements I added were things I had premade, near my craft desk. I was in a rush - so it was what I saw and could grab quickly. 🙂

The bunny card on top of the box was a limited time free svg - the card is no longer free, but the basic bunny is:

The Bunny Head free svg is from the slider card tutorial here - 

The mandala bunny is a free svg from:

The Flower on the smallest box is from the free flower card svg here:

(I make this card a LOT - it's one of my favorites!)
I only used the extra insert support panels on the outside layer. I think it will depend on the candy you use, but that worked for me.

=========================
NOT FREE


Dreaming Tree has a different version, here:


No comments:

Post a Comment