A Pop Up Flower Thank You Card

 



 Except, it's not really a Thank You Note as I had thought. It does not fold open , but instead is more of an "index card" style. As is, you could make this and write on the back.  But I wanted it to fold open so it would be self standing. 

The instructions are for a Cricut Joy Machine.  They say that the card will fit perfectly on a "cricut card base" - do perhaps this is meant to be applied to a premade notecard?  I don't know.  I don't work with a Joy, and that is not what I wanted to do.  :-)


 It should have been easy to convert this, but I managed to make it difficult, it took me three tries to cut this correctly for what I wanted.  Here's what finally worked for me.
Using the shapes tool on the left in Design Space, add a rectangle.  Unlock it (select the rectangle, then click on the lock) and resize it to:

Rectangle = 5.25 tall by 8 wide

Using the same shapes option, add a score line, 5 inches tall.
Select the score line and the rectangle.  At the top of the screen, with both items selected, choose :align/Center.  Then attach the score line to the card.
Next, resize the Thank You Flower.  

PD JOY POP UP FLOWER - 3.852 x 5.056

Now drag the flower over and position it on the right side of the rectangle.
Make sure those corner cuts do not touch the edges of the rectangle.
Attach it to the rectangle.

The rounded rectangle on the left I added because my card is blue.  If  the exterior of my card is white, this isn't needed, but when I am making cards out of colored card stock, I prefer a white piece inside to write on.  

White Rounded Rectangle: 3 wide by 4 tall
Silver Insert: 3.806 wide by 4.995 tall

This file did not come with an envelope.  I'm quite spoiled by designers like Digital Gems, and The Bearded Housewife, who always provide an envelope to fit their cards.  But any envelope file will do - all you have to do is make sure the score lines are larger than the card.

This is an envelope from Digital Gems, it came included with one of the free card downloads from her site.  (There are always free cards on her site, they change regularly, and they always have an envelope included. )

Because this uploads with the score lines - the red rectangle - at an angle, it can be hard to be certain of the exact size.  The easiest way I have found to check is to simply create a rectangle the size of your finished card, and place it on top.

The finished card for this Thank You Flower is 4 wide by 5.25 tall.  And that easily fits on top of the red rectangle here, so I know the card will fit.

Now remember to change the red rectangle to score, and then select the score lines and the purple envelope and attach,

I used my weeding tool to push through & "pop up" the layers of petals

By using the contour option in Design Space, you can remove the "Thank You" .  Then using a stencil font, you could change this to a birthday, or Thinking Of You card, easily too.  :-)

=======================















No comments:

Post a Comment