Quick Tip - Screenshot the colors panel

Tip - When I'm cutting projects with a lot of layers, I sometimes open the color sync panel on the right, make sure I combined as much as I could, and then I take a screenshot.

Then I click make it, and sort out my cardstock. The screenshot helps me to decipher subtle shade differences that can be difficult to figure out from the "make it" screens.

A lot of these complex mandalas - especially from Okadee - have SO many shades. I don't always have that many shades of one color in my cardstock collection.

Often I can combine a few - especially when combining projects. For instance, that scarecrow originally had more brown layers. When I looked at the color panel, I realized I'd like him to have more orange, so I drug a few pieces to the same colors used in the pumpkin.

If I didn't like a change, I just clicked the undo button. This project still has a LOT of colors, but it's more manageable than when I started.

Jennifer maker has a long post on how to change your project colors so they cut in the order you want them to cut - but that is too confusing to me, I want the mat to show me what color the pieces should be, so if I want to cut out of order, I simply click on the mat (from the cut screen, after choosing make it) and it cuts whatever mat is selected. The chart above tells you which order cricut will use when sending the project to the mat. It starts with the white and works to purple.

================

No comments:

Post a Comment