On My Desk This Week - March 14th

Here's a look at some of the projects I made this past week - and where I found the [almost always free] cut files to make them.

Monday 3/8: On my desk this morning - The layered Easter Bunny from Special Heart Studio. Her files will spoil you - they cut great, and are easy to assemble, even for those of us who do not excel with paper projects. :-) I cut the bunny at full size [10 inches tall] and cut the easel, which is also from from her, at 4.5 tall, to hold him. Then I cut the bunny again at 4 inches tall, for a tile for my Seasonal Home Sign.

I had a few small tears in the smaller version, but nothing glue didn't hide just fine, and I think that is my machine/blade, not the design. I've been struggling with paper cuts this week, lots of tears where there shouldn't be. It may be time for a new blade - my current one is the original that came in the machine 3 years ago. :-)

Find the free Easter Bunny SVG here: https://specialheartstudio.com/layered-easter-bunny-and-egg-cut-file/

Find the free Easel SVG here: https://specialheartstudio.com/easel-stand-free-cut-file/

Find a tutorial for the seasonal home sign I made the tile for here:
https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2020/10/change-for-seasons-home-sign.html

And find a LONG list of free Easter svgs here: https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/02/free-svgs-for-easter-projects.html

I did a little sewing this week, finishing a clothes pin holder, and a sewing machine cover. I'm slowly, VERY slowly, weeding a sewing machine mandala to go on the sewing machine cover. I've had this project in Design Space for 3 years, but weeding tedious things is not my favorite... I really wanted to tackle this one though. I'll work on it a little each day, this will take awhile.

I don't know where I got this svg. There's a similar one on svg for geeks - https://www.geeksvgs.com/id/86887

Progress at the end of the week.   I have made a lot of mistakes - weeding weeding the wrong parts, losing pieces.. but I don't think it really matters - a few missing pieces or the wrong part weeded will only make this design unique, it won't ruin it.  :-)  I still have a ways to go before it's ready to be ironed on, but I'm getting there!


Wednesday 3/10 -
On my desk this morning - Easter projects!

The 3 color Easter Bunny Dish towel on the top left is on one of the new towels I found at Wal-Mart in the craft section. I cannot find them online. 90% cotton, 10% polyester, "Craft Basics" brand. They don't wrinkle as much as the Aunt Martha Brand that I love, and they didn't shrink much at all when washed!
The SVG is free here:
This svg is about a gazillion pieces, I selected each color and welded each color together. It cut well.


The black and white Easter towel is on the Aunt Martha Brand of towels that I love - mostly because I love the vintage stripes. :-)
That SVG is free here:

The pot holder is one of the silicone backed ones from the Dollar Tree.
Find the free svg here:

A bunny onesie for my grandson - that svg is free here:
I changed the nose to pink, but left the rest black.

The egg decorating aprons are from the craft aisle at the Dollar Tree -and yes, that's htv! It didn't melt! Here's a step by step, including where to find the free svg:

Peekas Pockets is a new to me site, full of free cut files for cards with pockets, and animals with moving parts that fit into the pockets.

The Easter Egg Card:

The Dog:

The Cat:

The Monkey:

As you can see in the top photo, I also made a couple more of the dinosaur egg holder files - one in green, one in blue.  

I love this dinosaur egg holder.  I made it in two sizes - the size it originally uploaded as perfectly holds a plastic egg.  You can find the gold eggs at the Dollar Tree.  My plan is to put white ceramic/plaster [not sure exactly what they are] eggs in them, and include stickers, including the names of each of our grandsons.  I think they can dye the eggs with the stickers on, then peel the vinyl off and leave the design.  I haven't tried all of that yet, but that's the idea.  :-)

The file for these WAS free, in a huge freebie bundle from CF.  Now this file alone is $8. 
I've been making a lot of these.  It's originally a bouquet of sunflowers, with stems, but I have been making them in a variety of colors and gluing magnets on the back for refrigerator magnets.

Although this file is no longer free, there are LOADS of free cut files for paper flowers.  Find a list here:  https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/01/free-templates-tutorials-for-making.html

And don't forget to check this weeks list of "On Sale For Free" fonts and cut files, here:

Making The Mats Sticky Again
Aleenes Tack It Again
I most frequently use a diaper wipe to clean my mats.  Then occasionally I will wash a bunch in dish soap and water (the sticky comes back when they are completely dry).  But eventually, they will no longer be tacky enough, and I will brush on some tack it again.
More about cleaning & re-sticking mats:

The HTV Test - Approximately 6 washes
Last week I ironed some htv from three different brands onto scrap fabric, and I've been tossing it in the laundry with most loads, to compare how the three brands hold up in the wash.  After approximately 6 washings (and dryings) all three brands still look great.

Cleaning Up:

During the week while I am working, all of my scraps get tossed into a basket, or a plastic folder.  One day a week, I sort everything back where it belongs.  My cardstock is divided by file folders - the accordion type with solid sides.  Scraps go inside the folders.

My vinyl scraps go into scrapbook albums.  I started out with one small post bound scrapbook, but when I was cleaning my attic I found two larger ring albums.  One now holds htv, one holds "regular" vinyl."
Here's a closer look at the original album and how I set it up:

============
See Last Weeks "On My Desk This Week" Post:


===================

Don't Forget to check this weeks list of "On Sale For Free"
Premium Fonts and SVGS that are free for a limited time, from a variety of sites:

==========================

==========================

To See All Of My Latest Free SVG Finds, 
Join Cricut Tips, Tutorials, & Free SVGS
There you will find themed posts with all of the latest links in the comments
And you can share your projects, tutorials, and ask questions there too!







No comments:

Post a Comment