Happy Birthday Charger Plate Sign

I have a built in cabinet in our dining room that we use as a buffet area for desserts.  I have charger signs for each season that I rotate, and now this one, for when we have birthday dinners here.

Quick Links:

I started with the grey wood grain chargers from the Dollar Tree, and painted one with brown paint, and one with white.  I rubbed some of the paint back off with a paper towel.
(The brown one will be for a Thanksgiving Design, the white one was for this project)

Often I use more of a dry brush technique - you can see those here:



For The charger template, I added a 12 inch circle in design space.  (Choose shapes, circle, then at the top of the page type a 12 into the size box.)
Then I created a second circle, 8 inches in diameter.

At the top of the screen I chose Align, Center.

Then I chose select all, and sliced the smaller circle out of the large.  Delete all of the center pieces.  

The text I want to fit on the rim of the plate goes on what is left of the circle.  The design for the inside section of the plate should fit inside that outline.


The hardest part of making this is all of the ungrouping, deleting, and attaching to piece the design together.   I used 4 different svgs - the truck, Lets Eat Some Cake, the party hat,  and the balloons.  Most of these were from LoveSVG, and came with several options, all of which had extra options to be deleted.  Don't forget to attach the text for Lets Eat Some Cake.  The connected parts are already welded, but the text that is not connected needs to be attached, so that it cuts as words and not letters you have to piece together.

Layer on your contact paper, for the truck and for the party hat - it is so much easier!  Put the truck on the transfer paper (I like the contact paper from the Dollar tree best, for transfer paper) and then add the tires, then transfer to the plate.



===============


More Dollar Tree Charger Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment