Redoing A Thrift Store Breakfast Tray With Cricut & Rustoleum

Unfortunately, this svg is no longer available - but here's an idea for redoing a thrift store tray.

Quick Links:
  • Rustoleum Smokey Beige Spray Paint (My favorite!)
  • Fonts are a combination of Samantha, SomeWheat, and Lovely Day - all linked below.
I wish I could find a before photo of this tray, but I'm not sure I ever took one.  I found it at a yard sale a few years ago, a pale blue with 80's stenciled flowers, all chipped and not looking great.  It has legs that will slide out in a couple of directions, for different angles and heights.  

First, a coat of my favorite spray paint.

Unfortunately, this exact svg is no longer available - I couldn't even find it as a paid version.


Then I had to play with fonts a bit.
I started with wordmark.it - it's a website that shows whatever text I choose in ever font installed on my computer.  I often find it challenging to find a capital T that I like.

(Although I still like wordmark.it, these days I have all of my fonts organized in the free font manager, Maintype Logic, and I browse my fonts there)

For this project, the monogram T is from Samantha.  (NOT a free font)
The T in Truckenmiller is Some Weatz (free)
ruckenmiller is Lovely Day (Free)
and the swirl on the end of the r is also from Samantha.

I played with the sizing a bit to get the right size for the tray, then cut it out of 651 Orcal vinyl.

I used, as always, contact paper from the dollar tree to transfer the design to the tray.



============================
https://www.facebook.com/pg/fieldsofheathercrafts/posts/
===================

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful and would make a great gift! Thank you! Question ... In your experience, have you ever had a problem with a hot item (like a cup of coffee) sticking to the vinyl? It happens all the time with my coasters, and I don't know what to do. I go to pickup my cup, and the coaster comes up along with it 🤪.

    ReplyDelete