Felt Eucalyptus - A Free SVG

 
Making Felt Eucalyptus With Cricut
This is an easy project, but it takes some time purely because there are 21 leaves to attach.  

I was waiting until I made more stems before I posted this, but I keep forgetting to buy more of this color green felt...  so before I forget where I put all of the information, here it is.  :-)

The svg, once uploaded, should be sized:
8.713 x 10.71

When Cut I had Three Sizes:
Smallest - 2.19 x 1.16  [Cut 11]
Medium - 2.9 x 1.52  [Cut 5]
Large - 3.28 x 1.79  [Cut 5]


I have used both clear contact paper, and freezer paper, on my felt, to make it easier to clean up my mat when done.  I find that I personally like the freezer paper just a bit better - its easier to clean up, for me.  To use it, you iron it lightly to the felt.

Setting
This is plain old craft felt, purchased at either Hobby Lobby Or Michaels, I can't remember which.

I find that if I set my cricut maker to heavy material [like denim] - it cuts felt SO much better than if I set it to felt.  AND it defaults to the rotary blade.  I specifically bought this maker for the rotary blade, to cut felt, so every time I set it to cut felt and it defaults to the fine point blade, I am annoyed beyond what is rational.  :-)

My opinion is that the "felt" setting on cricut is for THEIR brand of felt only, which is very think and stiff and does not feel like regular felt at all.  It's not a product I personally would choose to use.

ASSEMBLY
I use my cricut weeding tool to poke a small hole in the center, then feed the floral wire through that hole.   Smallest first, at the top, then medium, then largest at the bottom.

I'd love to have beautiful manicures for all of these photos..  but alas, I am a farm wife first, craft blogger..  well, maybe 10th or 12th.  :-)

Pinch the center up, using hot glue to attach the leaf in place on the wire.  This is one of those things that makes so much more sense when you are doing it.  Reading it doesn't always make it "click", but when you start putting them on the wire, it visually will make more sense.





No comments:

Post a Comment