Change Default Folder View in Windows 11

Every time windows 11 updates, it changes my default folder view, using "grouping", and changing my view to lists, on every folder.

This is not how I prefer to view my files.  I do not want them grouped.  And I want to view large icons.  

Fortunately, you can change the default view on all folders at once, pretty quickly.


First open a folder and set it up the way you want your default view to look.
For me, that means going to sort/group and selecting "none"

Then under view, I choose large icons.



Then I click on the three dots to the right, and choose options.  A box pops up.  In that box choose the view tab.  Then choose "apply to folders".

That's it - now that setting has been applied as the default for all of your folders.

====================



No comments:

Post a Comment