Making A Gnome Shadow Box With Cricut

 
Gnome Shadow Box Design (A $1 Deals Purchase November 2021) with the FREE shadow box frame from Special Hearts Studio.


December 6th - On my desk this morning - The Gnome Shadow Box I purchased in the $1 deals last month.  [It's now $7]  

Find it here:
http://bit.ly/3YZjINY
(copy and paste the link - A temporary blogger issue is making it impossible for me to make links clickable)

This is really quick and easy to put together.  Tip - use painters tape to hold the nose, mushroom,  and feet pieces so they don't get lost until you get this put together.  

Cut Settings:
On the Air 2, you can just use the cardstock setting on the dial.
On the Maker, I used light cardstock on the white paper, medium cardstock on the textured papers (even though they are only 65lb cardstock) and I'd try intricate cuts if I were to do this again, because again, the Maker struggled.  I had to recut the beard and the mushroom tops - and when I recut them, I just used my 4 year old Air 2, which always seems to cut so much better than my practically brand new Maker.   

For the box frame, I used the free svg from:
https://specialheartstudio.com/box-frame-for-shadow-box-and-free-layered-mandala/
If I made this again, I would size the box down by 1/4 of an inch for this particular shadow box design. It's not bad at all as is - but it's just a hair bigger than I like.    You could probably scale it down by a full half inch.

Between the layers, I used foam tape from the Dollar tree.  It takes a good bit of it for a project like this, but I can still get several projects out of a $1 roll of foam tape.

================



No comments:

Post a Comment