Christmas Cards With Cricut, 2021

Some of the Christmas Cards I made in 2021

Because of a temporary issue with my posts being flagged as spam, none of the links here are clickable.  You can copy and paste them.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

This was a temporary freebie from:
https://thebeardedhousewife.com/how-to-make-cute-christmas-gnome-insert-cards/

I LOVE that this envelope can be made from 8.5x 11 cardstock.

This Nativity "Card" was meant to be a shadow box.  I frequently take these layered designs and turn them into cards.  These are small - 4x4 - and I will use them on some of our cookie plates for neighbors.
The file is $4 from:
https://designbundles.net/my3dsvg/1632892-3d-nativity-svg-christmas-svg?ref=mno4va


I've been working through a variety of Christmas card svgs, to decide which one to make as our card this year (at the same time, my adult daughter is also choosing her card as well).  I have a few more I want to try - although I think we have made our decisions.


The Santa & Snowman count down cards are a limited time freebie from digital gems.  Grab them quick, while they are free!  Quick and easy, these cards are fun to make. 
 Find them here: https://digitalgemsdesigns.co.uk/
(There's also a snowflake and a gingerbread version)

I'm mailing these out to family and a couple of friends, but not as our Christmas card


The snowman wrap card is another quick and easy card.  The svg is free from Birds Cards - Find it here: https://www.birdscards.com/snowman-wrap-card/

The Gnome Cycle Box Card is from my scrapchick.  It's currently $2, although this one is often in her $1 sales.  I made it with plain cardstock, and when I make it again, I'll use some patterned and textured papers.  The file comes with an envelope svg too - it's very nice, doesn't take too long to cut, and is easy to assemble, even though there are more pieces to this one than to the ones above.  
Find It here: https://myscrapchick.com/shop/gnome-cycle-box-card/

I made the original file a bit larger (which is more complicated with Dreaming Tree files, because of the way each color is uploaded as one svg) and cut it from textured paper.  What a difference those little changes make!

The red truck card is a file from svg cuts that I have had for years, and have modified and used many times, for various holidays and events.  It's $1.99. 
Find It Here: https://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=459


Caluya has a FREE vintage truck svg that is also very nice  I like the Caluya one better for Easter trucks - they hold jelly beans nicely.  But for Christmas, I like the way this one better folds to be mailed.  
The Free Caluya file is here: https://caluyadesign.com/free-3d-christmas-truck-svg/


The pop up card is one of our favorites.  It takes awhile to cut, but it's simple to assemble.  It has a nice cut out front design, then layers that slide into slits and pop up to show a town and Santa and his reindeer.   (The front of the card is shown in the photo below)
 That file is $4, find it here:
https://designbundles.net/my-svg-hut/10078-sleigh-bells-ringing-pop-up-card?ref=mno4va


The snow globe is, for what it is, also rather simple to make.  The cuts take a little while, but are not too bad.  (I'm still struggling with getting my new maker to cut paper well - I gave up and had the air2 cut the train for this one.  It cut beautifully in my Air 2.)  I use hot glue to assemble these, but I'd use a glue stick the first time, just to get a good handle on the placement.  Once you do it once, it's really simple to assemble. 

 This file is also $4.  https://designbundles.net/my-svg-hut/10581-snow-globe-winter-wonderland-train?ref=mno4va://designbundles.net/my-svg-hut/10581-snow-globe-winter-wonderland-train?ref=mno4va


Nov 10th 2021 - On my desk this morning - the snowman box card from my scrapchick.  File is currently $2, but this site frequently has a $1 sale and most box cards are typically included.  Find it here: https://myscrapchick.com/shop/cg-snowman-box-card-2516/

The svg is a quick upload, and this is typical box card construction - not difficult at all.  It is however, a lot of really small pieces.  After cutting the snowman body pieces, there will still be 7 mats of colors.  It will require at least one piece of 12x12 paper for the outside of the card.   The card does fold flat for mailing.

If I were to use this for our Christmas card, I would add a sentiment (Merry Christmas) at the bottom, I think.  And I would definitely use textured cardstock - maybe glitter cardstock? It looks a little plain the way I made it. 


On my desk this morning -the Santa Shaped Card from my scrapchick.  (Currently $2)

Have you seen all of the facebook posts about "send me a recipe with your Christmas card ?" My feed has been full of that post for the past week, although I suspect very few recipe cards will actually appear in my mailbox this season.  🙂  Still, when I saw this Santa card, I thought it would be perfect for adding a recipe. 

Spoiler alert -  It's not perfect for that - not at all.  But you can make it work.  🙂
I used a lot of textured papers, glitter for the shoes and belt, and I lost Santa's nose somewhere.  I used a lot of pop dots to add dimension, but some inking would really help too.

Shaping the recipe to the list is difficult - you'd want a very simple recipe, and if at all possible, add your text in a different program, then upload the image for print then cut.  It will be much easier than trying to format the text in Design Space.  I printed mine on vellum as an overlay.

The biggest disappointment when I was all done, was to realize that this card cannot stand on it's own.  Santa's feet are not even, or level, enough to stand.  I really should have noticed that sooner.  

It's a nice card - I love the shape. But I don't think I'll be making a bunch with recipes.  I'm sure I'll find other uses for it. 
================

For a list of FREE Christmas Card SVGS, Go here:
https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2020/10/where-to-find-free-svgs-for-making.html

I can't update that post until this issue with blogger is fixed, or until I move to a new website.  The latest links can call be found in a Christmas card thread in the facebook group here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1121399284857845/search/?q=christmas%20cards




No comments:

Post a Comment