Lazy Vinyl Weeding

This is not a tip - but rather an admission. As in, this is probably a bad idea, but I do it anyway, because I am impatient. :-)

When a design has a solid outline with a lot of little pieces to weed out, and I am using regular or permanent vinyl (NOT htv), I will sometimes pull up the solid piece - the part of the design I will actually use, then use my scraper to quickly remove all the little pieces, then carefully place the solid piece back down. You can usually see the outline on the backing of where exactly the vinyl should go - but sometimes it can be tricky to not stretch it a bit, or get wrinkles. That's why it's not really a great idea. But like I said, I am impatient, and it frequently works out ok for me. :-)

Here you can see small bubbles in a few places. I'm confident I can work those out easily enough when I transfer the design - but again, this is why this is not the way you should do this.

The SVG is free from:
This is different than reverse weeding.  Reverse weeding works really well when you are trying to keep all the small details - small lettering, etc.  You apply the entire design to the transfer paper, then remove then weed.  See more about that here:


I transferred this to a re-usable drink pouch , it transferred great, I had no problems removing the "bubbles" above.

See more about decorating these drink pouches - which come with straws and are perfect for wine slushies,-  here: https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2021/06/decorating-drink-pouches.html

=================
Find an index of all my cricut quick tip cards here:




No comments:

Post a Comment