Buzzing By To Say Hi Box Card - The May Freebie From MyScrapChick

 

This box card is the was the May 2021 freebie from MyScrapChick.

Download the  svg [no longer free]  here:
https://myscrapchick.com/shop/buzzing-by-bee-box-card/

Here are my tips, after making the card 

I use Art Glitter Glue to assemble my cards.  (There is no glitter in the glue).  It's expensive, and the tip clogs frequently, but so far, it is the best I have found.  It dries clear, and fast.  https://amzn.to/3bpAsb1

On my desk today - the Buzzing By Bee Box Card that is free all this month from My Scrap Chick. I made a lot of minor mistakes, but I like this card so much that I just cut 4 more copies, and after making the first one, the next 4 are going together really quick and easy!

Four copies fit pretty well if you are using 8.5x11 card stock. The white pieces will send to two mats, but the second mat will have just two small pieces that easily fit on the first mat, if you click on them you can move them so they all cut from one sheet of paper.

For more on how to move items from mat to mat after clicking "make it", see the post here:

Don't forget to attach the score lines. You will have to ungroup the project first, then you can attach the lines to each of the card backgrounds. There's no need to change them to score lines, it will cut the dotted score lines and that works really well, especially if you are using thicker cardstock. Note - these can tear a little on the one side when you fold the card flat - it may be better to change them to score... but it wasn't enough to ruin the card, I left them cut. It may depend on the paper you use.

Change the grey to black. Unless you want your bee to be grey and yellow instead of black and yellow. :-)
Resize the png upload, the print then cut tag for the front. I resized it to 2 inches wide, and that fit perfectly. (I forgot to resize it the first time, and it printed almost as large as the entire finished card.)

Each of the layers, in order, before assembling

Glue the light green and black pieces on FIRST. I started with the leaves and flowers, then realized that they were supposed to overlap the light green and black pieces.. so I just left them off the first card. They really aren't necessary, so it didn't matter.. but for the next 4 I made, I remembered to glue those pieces on first.

The finished card folds flat and will fit in a 5x7 envelope. It may require extra postage to mail

Find the free svg here - it is free all of the month of May

=======================
Find More Cricut Project Tutorials Here:


 


1 comment:

  1. I took mine to the post office and they said it did not require extra postage. This is the cutest card. I can't believe it was free! It is really easy to cut and assemble. I did use score lines but that is my personal preference for my paper crafts. I also just used a pen in my Cricut to draw the Buzzing by saying. It was quick and easy. (Using you pen guide and Font Lab Pad. ). I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete