Vertical Signs On Floor Tiles ( & Where To Find the Free SVGS)

Ceramic Floor Tiles, Painted, and decorated with vinyl
Tips For Making Them, and Free SVGS
The Christmas designs shown above are NOT free, Below is a list of where to find FREE Vertical Sign SVGS, for every day, as well as for a variety of Holidays.

Find the Christmas Designs here (commercial use license included - currently $2.50 for 40 designs) https://bit.ly/3MNfqq7


I love the Vertical Sign SVGS that have been popular lately, but a really tall wooden sign wouldn't fit well on my porch. Then I remembered a partial box of 6x24 inch floor tiles leftover from another project, and they are perfect for me! A much more manageable size, and they are heavy enough to not easily blow over in the frequent winds we get here in the valley.

Although I've only made the fall and winter tiles for my HOME sign so far, I included links to free svgs for each season here:
(The wooden tiles attach with velcro)

=============
Tips For Painting
The Floor Tiles
==============
  • I used 6x24 ceramic floor tiles.  You can sometimes find boxes really cheap at Lowes, often a discontinued pattern, or an odd box.  You can sometimes find white ones that would save you some painting too.
  • TIP  - Paint the tiles the day before.  The paint is much more likely to peel up if you do not let them dry thoroughly.  
  • I used a variety of paints on the different tiles I made.  Surprisingly, Rustoleum spray paint did NOT work well for me. But that may have been because it was too cold outside, or because I didn't let it dry long enough.  Martha Stewart Chalk Paint & cheap  Apple barrel craft paint from Wal-Mart both worked well.  I tried modge podge over the paint, but I think that made the paint peel more, not less.  The key was to  make sure the tiles were room temperature when I painted them (not left in the cold garage overnight...) and then let them dry for at least a day.  You could also try using Press & Seal as your transfer tape, but once I let them dry long enough,  I didn't have any problems with the paint lifting.

==========
Where To Find Free
Vertical Sign SVGS

===========


FREE svgs from:



https://www.digitalistdesigns.com/?s=vertical

For those of you who would like to stencil a wood sign - Daily dose of DIY has a tutorial with a free svg https://dailydoseofdiy.com/diy-welcome-sign-front-porch/

Shoes Off Witches





==============

Find me On Facebook At Crafting With Fields Of Heather
Where I post LOTS Of Free svgs each day, and more tips and tutorials

Find more lists of free svgs, sorted by themed and holidays

=================================
Find more step by step tutorials here:

No comments:

Post a Comment