Making A Yardzee / Yarkle Set

DIY Yardzee and Yarkle  - with free printable score sheets & tips for decorating the buckets.

Links For The Downloads:
Supply List:
  • Bucket, Basket, or Container
  • 4x4 board, cut into 5 3.5 x 3.5 dice
  • Paint (Optional)
  • Clipboard (Dollar Tree)
  • Dry Erase Marker (Dollar Tree)
  • Eyeglass Cleaning Cloth (Dollar Tree)
  • Vinyl
  • Yahtzee & Farkle Score Sheets
====================
YOU CAN BUY THE DICE RATHER THAN MAKE THEM.
(Instructions for making your own are below)

You can buy a yardzee set for $21 on Amazon. I don't know if the label from the bucket could be removed or not...  https://amzn.to/424zbxY

You can also buy just foam version of the dice  - right now they are $3.20.  https://amzn.to/3NkDVf2  

==============
MAKING YOUR OWN DICE


The Dice
My husband made the dice.  We used a pine 4x4, which was cheap, and gives a rustic look.  They are not perfect.  Instructables recommends using cedar, and their dice are gorgeous!   Once the blocks were cut, we used a template and a drill press to drill the holes, and  sanded the blocks.  Then I painted them.  Ours are definitely very rustic.  I used the diaper wipe method (use a diaper wipe to apply the paint, instead of a paint brush) to paint the blocks white, letting the wood show through.

One 8 foot long 4x4  is approximately $10 at Lowes and will make 4-5 sets of Dice. 

Here is a step by step on cutting the blocks - and there is a free template for the dots on this site as well.  https://www.diymontreal.com/diy-yardzee-yard-dice/



The Buckets
We have access to really cheap 5 gallon white food grade buckets, so that is what I used for these.  Three gallon buckets, sold at Wal-mart, would be plenty big enough!   Amazon sells a 2 gallon bucket for under $4.  

I've also seen these stored in bags - a simple drawstring tote bag could work well, and could be personalized with htv.

The Design on The Bucket


Note - The Deadhead Classic font is one I use a lot - I downloaded it when it was free.  It's normally $20.   

There are so many ways to customize these! If you search pinterst, you will see it's popular to make these in sports team colors. 


The Score Sheets
I chose to print the score sheets on card stock, trim them, glue them fast to  a clipboard using a glue stick, then cover them in clear contact paper to make them a sturdy "dry erase board".  I then tied a dry erase marker to the top of the clipboard, and clipped an eyeglass cleaning cloth onto the clipboard to use as an eraser.  The clipboard, marker, and eyeglass cloth are all from the Dollar Tree.  The duck brand contact paper I had on hand, I bought it at Wal-mart to use as transfer tape.  I prefer Dollar Tree contact paper for transfer tape, but I think the duck brand works better for "faux laminating" things like this.  You could use the Dollar Tree clear contact paper  - I just prefer the Duck brand for this.  

That's all there is to it!  Making the dice is definitely the hardest part!  The score sheets and buckets can be made very quickly, but the dice took quite awhile.

===============
ROLL A DOODLE


While in the Dollar Tree for the score sheet supplies, I saw the foam dice and decided to make a Roll A Doodle set - and I made up a team version that I thought might be fun to play.  You can find those instructions here: https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/08/dollar-tree-roll-doodle-and-team-version.html

=====================================

Find me On Facebook At Crafting With Fields Of Heather
Where I post LOTS Of Free svgs each day, and more tips and tutorials

==========================


Find More Cricut Project Tutorials Here:

https://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2019/04/cricut-step-by-step-project-tutorials.html

==========================


No comments:

Post a Comment