How To Make A Bitmoji Christmas Ornament With Cricut -

I love these!  I do wish I had used white glitter though.  I think the white background is a better look.  I didn't have white glitter, and I was too impatient to wait...

First, go to the bitmoji app - 

Bitmoji is available for Android, Iphone, & windows chrome.  My screen shots are from Android.

Create your bitmoji, if you do not already have one.  There are TWO style options:
Click on the three dots on the right - that's where you will find settings,
Then choose Change Avatar Style.

This is the difference:
 
Bitmoji's all look a bit alike - and extra cartoonish.
Bitstrips are a bit more distinctive, and usually the choice you want for this project.
The images on this screen have necks and collars - so it is easiest to go back out to where you customize your image, and screenshot that screen:


crop that down - 
Send this image from your phone to your computer.  (Most email it to themselves, I like facebook messenger for quickly sending photos between my devices. Just send the message to yourself.)


Open Cricut design space, new project, and upload your screenshot.
Now start to delete the excess.  This takes a bit of experimenting, to see what you like.  Use the preview button in the bottom as you are erasing things, to decide what you like.
This is what I ended up with:

When you go to make this, be sure it it set to cut, NOT print and cut.
I sized it to just under 2x2 for this ornament.

And that's how I ended up with this:

=============================================================
Free SVG Files For Christmas Ornaments
(a collection of links)
http://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2017/11/free-svgs-for-christmas-ornaments.html

How to Make Floating Acetate Christmas Ornaments

http://fieldsofhether.blogspot.com/2017/11/making-printable-acetate-christmas.html




No comments:

Post a Comment