Replacing The Broken Glass on Our Patio Table -



We have horrible winds here.  One storm picked up our large patio table & smashed it sideways against the deck railing, shattering the glass top.

After looking at a couple of options, I bought a piece of plywood (they cut it to size for me even) and a remnant of linoleum from our local flooring store.

We should have sealed the plywood with an all weather paint first. 

Then we attached the linoleum with contact glue.  The entire project cost me about $35 and took minutes to complete. :-)

Comments

  1. Did the linoleum top last in the weather? I was thinking of doing this, but someone at Home Depot pointed out the linoleum would not withstand the weather elements of heat and water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the linoleum top last in the weather? I was thinking of doing this, but someone at Home Depot pointed out the linoleum would not withstand the weather elements of heat and water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Central PA, so we don't get the scorching heat of a desert climate- I don't know if that would make a difference? We left it on the deck all winter, and it's been over a year now. Other than I wish I had sealed the plywood first (when it gets really wet, the corners of the wood expand and bend up - it goes back down when dry) it has held up really well. No problems at all with the linoleum so far.

      Delete

Post a Comment