W.W.W. Wednesday

 
W.W.W. Wednesday, April 24th 2024

Currently Reading:
Twlight Falls, Shady Hollow Book 4, by Juneau Black

So, there's a story behind me reading these stories.
Last year at book club, which I attend with my adult daughter, we read Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus.  I know, I know, everyone loved that book..  well, everyone except me.  I thought it was terrible.   For so many reasons.  And I said, almost offhandedly, that the talking dog was the best part of the book, even though I do not generally appreciate anthropomorphism. [By the way, none of us at book club knew what Anthropomorphism was before we googled it during our meeting. ] Anyway, my daughter accepted my statement as a challenge and demanded I read the Juneau Black  Shady Hollow series.  It's a fictional village where the coffee shop is run by a moose, the police chief is a bear, and the newspaper reporter is a fox.

It's ridiculous.  And yet, it somehow actually works.  Charming, light, wonderful reads. 

Just Finished:
The Anodyne Necklace, Richard Jury Book 3, by Martha Grimes
I can't believe it took me so long to discover this series.  I actually devoured the first three books in the past week.  Classic, solid, mysteries.  Great characters. Well written. 

What Will I Read Next:
The Invention Of Air by Steven Johnson
About Joseph Priestly
The Joseph Priestly House is near us, I've visited several times, and this book has been on my to read list for awhile now.  It came up as a Thrift Book Deal this week, so I'll be reading it very soon!

==================

Still My Favorite Read Of 2024:
First Lie Wins by Ashley Elston
A Thriller
So far, my best read of 2024.  Absolutely fabulous!

The W.W.W. Blog Hop is hosted by:

====================

Printable Book Lists, Themed Book Lists, Recommendations, and More:
An Index Of My Bookish Posts 









No comments:

Post a Comment