Making The Most Of My CF Subscription - Wavy Fonts


Maximizing My Creative Fabrica Subscription - Wavy Fonts

I do not normally pay for subscriptions, but I decided to try the Creative Fabrica subscription this year, while it was on sale for  $47 for unlimited downloads, for a year. 

This "limited time sale" has been running pretty frequently - pretty much every holiday.

$47 for unlimited downloads for a year is a STEAL.  But only if I actually use it.

In reality, I have never spent $47 in a years time on Creative Fabrica.  SO much of what I use with cricut is free, I don't think I spend that much in total, most years, on all of my svgs and fonts combined, from every site.

But...  I bought this.  So, now I'm on a mission to get the most out of my purchase.  

Today, I'm focused on Wavy fonts.

======================
Reminder - I'm an affiliate for a number of sites, including Creative Fabrica.  That means that if you click on the links in this post and make a purchase, I may earn a commission.  It in no way effects the price you pay.
=======================
First, let me tell you that there is FREE online software, that works really, really well, to do this with any font - no special font needed.  And you can download your creations as an svg!
Here's how:

One more thing - you WILL need a character map to use these fonts.
The "waves" are glyphs.  Here's more about how to use font glyphs, and the free font manager/character map all in one that I use:

If you are new to using font glyphs - these are bad fonts to start with.
It can be difficult to see the differences and find the right choices, for these fonts.  Unfortunately, the are glyphs are not ordered the way they are shown in the preview photos. 

I'm finding that often I can just type and the waves happen automatically without me changing too much, though...  Results vary.

=================
NOT FREE
Wavy Fonts On Creative Fabrica
(I haven't yet found a free font  designed like these.)
==================

Wavy fonts are fonts that have glyphs in wavy formation.  You choose the variations you want, to create a wavy text effect.

Here you can see all of the variation "glyph" options, in the Real Wavy Font

Real Wavy is $20 on Creative Fabrica, without the subscription.

===================

When you find a font, or design, you really like on CF, click on the designer and see what else they have!  

The above font is by  SVG Bloom
https://www.creativefabrica.com/designer/svg-bloom?ref/89681/  I clicked over to their profile, sorted by fonts, and also downloaded: ABC Pro Tracting Font [for worksheets], Dino Crew Display Font [I have 6 grandsons.]  The Groove Stacked Font [I download a LOT of stacked fonts!  I love them!  I can't remember the last time I actually used one though...] and the Real Wavy Stacked Font.

======================

The Real Wavy Stacked Font is another wavy font, but it will do an entire stacked row of your wave...  this is pretty neat!
The Real Wavy Stacked Font is also $20, without the subscription.

This designer also has a youtube video showing you how to use the font

===================
Wavy Font, $4 without Subscription

This one is fun because it comes with two versions - a regular wave, and the funky tail wave shown under alternates here.

======================
This bundle is currently 80% off, making it $5.
[Free for subscribers]

=======================
I know some of you will say that these fonts alone are enough to "get my monies worth" out of this subscription, but I don't see it that way at all.  The reality is, if I didn't have this subscription, I would NOT download these.  I would certainly not pay $20 for one of these fonts.  I am downloading them while I can for free - but I don't feel like they have truly made my membership worthwhile.

That's ok - I have a lot to download yet this year.  :-)

==========================









No comments:

Post a Comment