Bee & Flower Magnets

 

On my desk today - sunflower and bee magnets, using the 3d bee and flower svg set from Canada Crafts Studio.

Materials:

  • Pack of Magnets from the Dollar Tree
  • SVG NO LONGEE AVAILABLE (BUT there are free options below)
  • Hot Glue Gun

I downloaded the svg for this years ago, from CF. Canada Crafts Studio files are no longer on CF, and I can't find this bundle anywhere else anymore either. [They still have some files on Design Bundles] I'll include some free options below, in case you don't already own this, or it's not on sale right now.

Anyway - this is the file I started with:

As with most of the Canada Craft svgs I've used, I couldn't find any real instructions.  They aren't really necessary for this, but I can tell you that the center on that flower shown above is definitely more than one piece.  I duplicated it 3 times for the ones I made.


Sizing:
  • Flower center 3 wide by .327 high   [cut 3 per a flower]
  • Flower Petals, group of 4, 10.596 wide by 2.778 high
  • Bee - Grouped as Uploaded 3.503 wide by 2.357 tall. ACTUAL WIDTH, if the wings are centered on the bee, 2.608.
When unzipped, there are 3 svgs to upload.  The Bee, the flower petals, and the flower center.  The flower center I duplicated so that I had 3 of them, per a flower.  The bee uploaded with his wings slightly off to the side - that effected the sizing so I gave you the size for both options - one if you leave the group as is when uploaded, and one for the actual finished bee, in case you want to ungroup and line those wings up before making it.

Resizing and ungrouping is such a pain in DS right now.  Often items will go missing from the layers panel on the right as you work.  If you click select all, they should re-appear.  It's a glitch.  

This svg uploads in 4 colors.  I used color sync to match the yellows and change the flower center to black.  


That's it - these are super quick and simple to make, and cut really well at that small size.  (the design is meant to be much larger than I made it for these magnets)

Flowers are typical small flower construction - fold all the petals in half long ways, then place it in the palm of your hand and "scrunch" them so that the petals stand up a bit from the base.

===========
FREE SVG OPTIONS
=============
Daily Dose Of DIY has a layered bee that should work really well for this

There's  a FREE, similar svg from:

FREE TEMPLATE & SVG FILES:
Sunflower video tutorial:  https://bit.ly/3Kb8O1M
SVG File (Folder "SVG-Sunflower"): https://bit.ly/37sIg9C

Dozens of Free Small & Rolled Paper Flower SVGS,




No comments:

Post a Comment