Monster Heart Popper Valentines - A Cricut Craft

 

My just turned two year old grandson is spending some time with me this week, and we wanted to make Valentines.  As he sat on my lap looking at option, he quickly chose ones with poppers attached.  The ones we saw had printable tags though, and he's at an age where he REALLY loves using a glue stick.

  When looking for an option he could glue, he spotted this heart monster.  It wasn't an svg, but it was something I could easily make with shapes in Design Space.  By adding a small circle at the bottom, we could thread the popper keychains through to attach them.  
I used simple shapes to create this in design space.  Since I did not upload anything at all, I can share the project with you, so although it's not an svg, if you use Design Space, you can open the project and make it just as if you had designed it yourself.


When you click on a design space link, like the one above, a screen will pop up asking if you would like to open it in the Design Space app.  Once you "open in app", it will open your Design Space.  

I included eyes in the design, but we chose to use googly eyes instead.  Because...  googly eyes.  :-)   I glued the teeth and tongue to the top layer, because that placement was a bit much for a two year old.  He glued the two large layers together, and glued and placed the eyes.


He enjoyed picking the cardstock too.  I gave him limited selections, but he chose what colors to use.

Although he does quite well with a glue stick, our 2 year old grandson cannot yet write, so I added the To and From in Design Space - and I also filled in those fields.  I used the Always Here font, which writes well with the pens in cricut.  Don't forget to change the text to "draw", and then attach it to the heart.


More Options:
---------------------------

Popper Bracelets

=================
FREE PRINTABLE TAGS
===============

https://www.passionforsavings.com/you-make-my-heart-pop-printable/

https://www.thedenverhousewife.com/2022/01/pop-it-valentines/

https://sprinkledwithpaper.net/pop-it-free-printable-valentines/

https://www.skiptomylou.org/pop-it-printable-valentine-cards/





No comments:

Post a Comment