Mop & Glo Vs. Polycrylic For Glitter Ornaments

Making Glitter Ornaments with Mop & Glo & Polycrylic, a Comparison

Quick Links:
I applied as normal - using a lot of both, then dumping the excess back into the bottle/can, and flipping the ornaments upside down in an egg carton for a minute or two to drain any excess out.  Immediately you can see a difference - the mop and glo is thin and clear. The Polycrylic is thick and cloudy.

It is really nice that the mop and glo comes in a pour spout!  I should save the bottle and reuse it to hold my Polycrylic when I'm done!  But for now, I use a condiment  bottle (you can often find these at the Dollar tree in the summer time, sometimes in red and yellow.)  The top of the mop and glo bottle does pull off, so I could drain the excess liquid right back into the bottle.

 
The Comparison
Both work. But the Polycrylic ornament has much better coverage. The Mop & Glo ornament is light and see through.

 
The Comparison, with them hanging on a tree
For me, polycrylic is the clear winner - but it will depend on the look you want, there are times less coverage may look better with a design!


Other Products I've Seen Used:
  • Hair Spray
  • Murphy's Oil Soap
  • Glitter Glue
  • Pledge Floor Cleaner
=================



No comments:

Post a Comment