Bigfoot Ornaments - Using Vinyl On Transparency (Acetate) Paper


How To Make Vinyl On Acetate Printable Bigfoot Ornaments - With Free SVGS
As an affiliate for Amazon, and several svg sites, if you click on the links in this post and make a purchase, there's a possibility I will earn a small commission.  

Supplies:

The Floating Inserts:
  • Free Floating Insert SVGS
  • I used  the 2 5-8 size - I fit 12 on one sheet
  • Turn your cricut dial to custom and choose Foil Acetate, it cuts beautifully on that setting.

 I used the 2 5-8 insert, for the round ornaments you buy at Michaels, 25 pieces in one plastic tub.  To be sure I had the right size, I cut one from paper first.

The first step was to cut the floating inserts.  I cut a full page of them, and to get the most on the page, I had to manually move them around and then select all and attach. I fit 12 onto one sheet.

The acetate I use is not the same I use for my printable acetate ornaments.  This is actually the pack I bought by mistake, it will not work with inkjet printers. But it is perfect for this!  I've seem others use  Scotch laminating pouches, just using  the top heavy plastic sheet.  But I have never used them myself.  

The Bigfoot Design
To size the design, I added the floating insert, changed the color to white, and then resized the images to fit on the insert.  Then before clicking make it, I deleted the insert.
(I put the text "believe" on the outside of the ornament, not on the floating insert)

For little designs like this, I like to layer the vinyl before I transfer it, then transfer the completed design all at once.


Putting It Together
I used Super Weld, because my husband had let it sit in the laundry room, and the tacky glue I tried first did not work.  Super weld worked great!  But I think E600, or hot glue, or even super glue, would all work too.  Something that dries pretty fast is best.  I used the tweezers that come in the cricut tool set to place the tree in the ornament.

Then I used a funnel to add the glitter snow, before rolling the acetate and inserting it in behind the tree.  

I have a difficult time photographing ornaments. 
This is a round ornament, not a flat disc, but a full "ball" .  

=============
An Index of my Christmas Ornament Posts
Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, and Free SVGS For Christmas Ornaments

How to make Print Then Cut
Photo Transparency Ornaments




    1 comment:

    1. I would like to try the bigfoot ornament...are they the flat ones or round?

      ReplyDelete