How To Use New Fonts In Phonto On Android

There are lots of apps to add fonts to android devices, but I really didn't want to add fonts to my android system.  I have a zillion fonts on my phone already.  What I wanted was to be able to use fonts like I love Glitter in Phonto.  

Cliff Notes - Just add them to the fonts folder in the Phonto App. 

Phonto has a "how to" for installing fonts on android, but it did not work for me.  This is what worked:

My fonts are all backed up in dropbox. That makes this simple - but you could also send the font to your phone through email, and save to your downloads folder.  

I just opened dropbox, went to the font, clicked on it, chose export/save to device, and saved to my downloads folder.





Then I went to my downloads folder (Use "My Files" - in your app drawer. ) 
LONG click on the font.  If you just open it, you may get a message saying you do not have an app to pen this file.  You want to select the font, which you do by holding down on it, not just tapping it.  A check mark should appear on the left.

Now choose "move"


Internal Storage/Phonto/Fonts
Your Phonto file might be in a different location, that is where mine was.  

Add the font to the font folder.

Now open Phonto, and when you add text, choose font, and select "my fonts".  You will see the fonts you put in that folder.


Another quick way to do this is to hook your phone to your computer with a usb cable, and drag all the fonts you want in phonto to that folder.
=================
===========================

Facebook Page - For Tips, Tricks, & Free SVGS
 https://www.facebook.com/fieldsofheathercrafts/

Facebook Group- For Questions, Support, Sharing Projects, 
and LOADS More Free SVGS in themed posts with links in the comments
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1121399284857845
==================

No comments:

Post a Comment