Our oldest joined the air force, leaving for basic training in 2/2013.
Our youngest joined in January of 2017
Resources During Basic Training
- Air Force Wing Moms not only posts a TON of information and links, but they will put you in groups with other moms/siblings/spouses in your airman's flight. This was great when it came time for phone calls each week.. we knew if others didn't receive phone calls as well, and had a better idea of what was going on. They will also create facebook events for every graduation week, where everyone can join and share their photos, experiences while there, etc.
- These info sheets will tell you what your airman is learning and doing each week of training. I shared them each week on our sons facebook page, and emailed them to his grandparents each week as well.
What we experienced while our second son was away at Basic Training, day by day, in 2017
Letter Writing & Questionairres
The Phone Calls
The Phone Calls
Our Trip Diary: From our 2013 Trip to Lackland AFB for Graduation
- Tuesday - Flying to San Antonio, Checking out the area
- Wednesday - sight seeing before we can get on base
- Thursday - We get to see our son! Airmans run, Coin Ceremony, Base Liberty
- Friday - Graduation Day! Ceremony, followed by town pass
- Saturday - Town Pass! A whole day with our son!
- Sunday - Saying Goodbye
Photos are all taken by Basic Video Productions.
Some of them (very few) will be posted on the Air Force Basic Training Facebook page.
Your Child MAY have ordered photos, or you may order them.
More about our experience with photos